- Of or pertaining to the air, or atmosphere; inhabiting or frequenting the air; produced by or found in the air; performed in the air; as, aërial regions or currents; the aërial maneuvers of a fighter plane." Aërialspirits."Milton." Aërialvoyages."Darwin.
- Consisting of air; resembling, or partaking of the nature of air. Hence: Unsubstantial; unreal.
- Rising aloft in air; high; lofty; as, aërial spires.
- Growing, forming, living, or existing in the air, as opposed to growing or existing in earth or water, or underground; as, aërial rootlets, aërial plants; the aerial roots of a philodendron.
- Light as air; ethereal.
- operating or operated overhead especially on elevated cables. aerial conveyers for transporting raw materials
- operating or moving in the air.an aerial cable car aerial combat
Etymology: L. aërius. See Air