Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Aisha
How popular is the baby name Aisha in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Aisha
- How many people with the first name Aisha have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 20,111 babies born with the first name Aisha in the United States. That's more than enough people named Aisha to occupy the territory of Cook Islands (New Zealand) with an estimated population of 17,791 (as of December 1, 2011).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Aisha? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1950 when it was given as a first name to 5 new born babies.
- When was Aisha first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Aisha is Saturday, May 15th, 1897.
- What year had the most people named Aisha born? The highest recorded use of the first name Aisha was in 1977 with a total of 1,540 babies. That's a lot of babies named Aisha!
- Random Aisha Factoid: According to the 1977 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Aisha ranks 88th in popularity as a baby girl's name in Louisiana. Imagine that, 70 babies in Louisiana have the same name as you in 1977.
- Weird things about the name Aisha: Your name in reverse order is Ahsia. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Ahasi. How do you pronounce that?
Where is the name Aisha popular?
Popularity of Aisha as a first name
Popularity of Aisha as a last name
The map shows the absolute popularity of the name Aisha as a last name in each of the states. See other popular names in District of Columbia.
Common last names for Aisha
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Aisha" mean? The list below shows the origins of Aisha as well as things modernly associated with the name Aisha such as celebrities named Aisha.
Origin and Meaning of Aisha
The name "Aisha" is of Arabic origin, and it means "Prosperous". It's a name commonly given to girls.
Borrowing from Arabic عَائِشَة (ʿāʾiša).
- A female given name, most famously borne by Muhammad's third wife.
Other Inspirations for the Name Aisha
What does the name Aisha mean?
Ais for appreciative, of all you have
Iis for interest, you show in others.
Sis for serene, your calm time.
His for humble, a saintly quality.
Ais for accountable, someone to be counted on