Etymology: NL.; a- not + Gr. � speech, fr. � to speak, confused with L. legere to read
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Alexia
How popular is the baby name Alexia in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Alexia
- How many people with the first name Alexia have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 41,558 babies born with the first name Alexia in the United States. That's more than enough people named Alexia to occupy the territory of Sint Maarten (the Netherlands) with an estimated population of 37,429 (as of January 1, 2010).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Alexia? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1916 when it was given as a first name to 7 new born babies.
- When was Alexia first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Alexia is Monday, June 5th, 1882.
- What year had the most people named Alexia born? The highest recorded use of the first name Alexia was in 2002 with a total of 2,691 babies. That's a lot of babies named Alexia!
- Random Alexia Factoid: According to the 2001 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Alexia ranks 53rd in popularity as a baby girl's name in New Mexico. Imagine that, 36 babies in New Mexico have the same name as you in 2001.
- Weird things about the name Alexia: Your name in reverse order is Aixela. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Iaaxle. How do you pronounce that?
Where is the name Alexia popular?
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Alexia" mean? The list below shows the origins of Alexia as well as things modernly associated with the name Alexia such as celebrities named Alexia.
Origin and Meaning of Alexia
The name "Alexia" is of American origin, and it means "Defender of the People". It's a name commonly given to girls.
- Inability to perceive written words
Alexia was born in 1980.
Other Inspirations for the Name Alexia
A is for advantage, for you are blessed with many.
L is for lofty, your ambitions are high!
E is for enjoy, your life can be fun!
X is for x, the mysterious side of you!
I is for ideals, no higher!
A is for adaptable, whenever things change
Now try the names of everyone you know including friends, cousins, neighbors, classmates, co-workers or your pets. Even your favorite anime, TV or movie characters! See what their names mean. Remember, this is purely just for fun.
Past life for Alexia born Nov 12, 1931
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a male in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Germany approximately on 1025. Your profession was monk, bee-keeper, and lone gunman.
As an inquisitive and inventive person, you liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor. There is the invisible connection between material and spiritual world. Your lesson - to search, to find and to use this bridge.