Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Amaya
How popular is the baby name Amaya in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Amaya
- How many people with the first name Amaya have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 25,100 babies born with the first name Amaya in the United States. That's more than enough people named Amaya to occupy the territory of British Virgin Islands (United Kingdom) with an estimated population of 24,000 (as of July 1, 2012).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Amaya? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1972 when it was given as a first name to 5 new born babies.
- What year had the most people named Amaya born? The highest recorded use of the first name Amaya was in 2003 with a total of 1,768 babies. That's a lot of babies named Amaya!
- Random Amaya Factoid: According to the 2003 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Amaya ranks 76th in popularity as a baby girl's name in Wyoming. Imagine that, 6 babies in Wyoming have the same name as you in 2003.
- Weird things about the name Amaya: Your name in reverse order is Ayama. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Ayaam. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Amaya? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 33,218 people with the last name Amaya.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Amaya? If you manage to meet 100,000 people in your life, chances are that 11 of them will have Amaya as their last name.
Where is the name Amaya popular?
Popularity of Amaya as a first name
|█||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander||0.43%||4.85%|
|█||American Indian and Alaska Native||0.15%||0.69%|
|█||Two or More Ethnicities||0.20%||1.76%|
|█||Hispanic or Latino||94.15%||16.26%|
Of Last Name Amaya
People with the last name Amaya are most frequently Hispanic or Latino
Entire United States
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Amaya" mean? The list below shows the origins of Amaya as well as things modernly associated with the name Amaya such as celebrities named Amaya.
Origin and Meaning of Amaya
The name "Amaya" is of Arabic origin, and it means "Night Rain". It's a name commonly given to girls.
Heroine of a Spanish historical novel Amaya o los vascos del siglo VIII (1877) by F. Navarro Villoslada, explained as Basque amai "the end".
- A female given name borrowed from Spanish in the 1990s.
Amaya was also found in the following language(s): Spanish
Other Inspirations for the Name Amaya
Notable Persons With the Last Name Amaya
What does the name Amaya mean?
Ais for articulate, a regular wordsmith
Mis for mild, your mild and gentle way.
Ais for aware, of your surroundings
Yis for yearn, your innermost desires.
Ais for accountable, someone to be counted on