in the U.S.
in the U.S.
We noticed you have a microphone. If you know how to pronounce Amulet, just click the button to record. We'll save it, review it, and post it to help others.
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Amulet" mean? The list below shows things modernly associated with the name Amulet such as celebrities named Amulet.
Origin and Meaning of Amulet
Thanks! We will review your submission shortly!
Webster's Unabridged Dictionary
An ornament, gem, or scroll, or a package containing a relic, etc., worn as a charm or preservative against evils or mischief, such as diseases and witchcraft, and generally inscribed with mystic forms or characters.
Note: Also used figuratively
Etymology: L. amuletum: cf. F. amulette
- A trinket or piece of jewelry usually hung about the neck and thought to be a magical protection against evil or disease
From Middle French amulette, from Latin amuletum
- A kind of protective charm or ornament, often bearing magical symbols, worn for protection against ill will, negative influences, evil spirits &/or the supernatural.
amulet was also found in the following language(s): Czech, Dutch, Polish, and Serbo-Croatian
Fun Facts about the name Amulet
- When was the first name Amulet first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the name Amulet is Saturday, October 16th, 1915.
- How unique is the name Amulet? From 1880 to 2015 less than 5 people per year have been born with the first name Amulet. Hoorah! You are a unique individual.
- Weird things about the name Amulet: Your name in reverse order is Teluma. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Lmeuta. How do you pronounce that?
What Amulet's Have Visited This Page?
What does the name Amulet mean?
Ais for attractive, inside and out
Mis for munificent, for you are extremely liberal in giving.
Uis for upstanding, the honorable way to be
Lis for luster, your shine.
Eis for enamoured, forever will your children be with you
Tis for teacher, you truly are.
Past life for Amulet born Mar 1, 2014
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a male in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of North of Latin America approximately on 1425. Your profession was builder of houses, temples, and cathedrals.
You had a mind of a scientist, always seeking new explanations. Environment often misunderstood you. Had a respectable knowledge. Your lesson - to study, to practice and to use wisdom, enclosed in psychological sciences, and in ancient manuscripts. With strong faith and hard work you will reach your real destiny in present life.
Name poster for Amulet
(click to save the high quality version)
U.S. Census Bureau: Frequently Occurring Surnames from the Census 2000 (public domain).
1913 Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary via the Collaborative International Dictionary of English (License)
Other Dictionary Sources: WordNet 3.1 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University (License).
Wiktionary: Titles and License.