Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Andreas
How popular is the baby name Andreas in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Andreas
- How many people with the first name Andreas have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 7,003 babies born with the first name Andreas in the United States. That's more than enough people named Andreas to occupy the territory of Saint Pierre and Miquelon (France) with an estimated population of 6,000 (as of July 1, 2012).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Andreas? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1913 when it was given as a first name to 6 new born babies.
- When was Andreas first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Andreas is Friday, January 19th, 1872.
- What year had the most people named Andreas born? The highest recorded use of the first name Andreas was in 2006 with a total of 221 babies.
- Random Andreas Factoid: According to the 2010 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Andreas is not a popular baby boy's name in Michigan. Imagine that, only 10 babies in Michigan have the same name as you in 2010.
- Weird things about the name Andreas: Your name in reverse order is Saerdna. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Nsreada. How do you pronounce that?
Where is the name Andreas popular?
Popularity of Andreas as a first name
Common last names for Andreas
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Andreas" mean? The list below shows the origins of Andreas as well as things modernly associated with the name Andreas such as celebrities named Andreas.
Origin and Meaning of Andreas
The name "Andreas" is of Greek origin, and it means "Manly". It's a name commonly given to boys.
From Ancient Greek á¼ˆÎ½Î´ÏÎÎ±Ï‚ (AndrÃ©as), cognate with á¼€Î½Î´ÏÎµá¿–Î¿Ï‚ (andreÃ®os, â€œmanlyâ€), both from á¼€Î½Î®Ï (aná¸—r, â€œmanâ€)
- A male given name from the Latin form of Andrew.
Andreas was also found in the following language(s): Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, German, Latin, Manx, Norwegian, and Swedish
Andreas Wilson is an actor with the most prominent portion of his career being from 2 to present. Andreas was born in 1981 as Andreas Axel Janota Wilson in Stockholm, Sweden.
Other Inspirations for the Name Andreas
Ais for authentic, be real
Nis for natural, the genuine side of you.
Dis for delight, a surprise from within.
Ris for relish, you seek a challenge.
Eis for electric, a sparkling trait!
Ais for admirers, and all that you have!
Sis for self respect, a solid score here.