Etymology: F. (cf. It. assassino), fr. Ar. ‘hashishin one who has drunk of the hashish. Under its influence the Assassins of the East, followers of the Shaikh al-JabalOld Man of the Mountain), were said to commit the murders required by their chief
Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
- Free Horoscope
- Gender: Unknown
Pronunciation of Assassin
Fun Facts about the name Assassin
- How unique is the name Assassin? Out of 5,743,017 records in the U.S. Social Security Administration public data, the first name Assassin was not present. It is possible the name you are searching has less than five occurrences per year.
- Weird things about the name Assassin: Your name in reverse order is Nissassa. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Sansissa. How do you pronounce that?
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Assassin" mean? The list below shows the origins of Assassin as well as things modernly associated with the name Assassin such as celebrities named Assassin.
- A murderer (especially one who kills a prominent political figure) who kills by a surprise attack and often is hired to do the deed ("his assassins were hunted down like animals" and "assassinators of kings and emperors")
- A member of a secret order of Muslims (founded in the 12th century) who terrorized and killed Christian Crusaders
From French assassin or Italian assassino, from either Arabic حَشَّاشِين (ḥaššāšīn, “hashish users”), or أَسَاسِيُّون (ʾasāsiyyūn).
- (historical) A member of a Muslim militant group responsible for murdering Christian leaders during the Crusades.
- Someone who intentionally kills a person, especially a professional who kills a public or political figure.
- Any ruthless killer.
assassin was also found in the following language(s): French
What does the name Assassin mean?
Ais for accord, the harmony you spread.
Sis for select, as few are chosen.
Sis for smile, it gives you face value.
Ais for adventure, take a new one today
Sis for scholar, the brilliant in you.
Sis for superb, a great attitude about life.
Iis for intriguing, arousing the curiosity of others
Nis for name, a pleasant one indeed.
Past life for Assassin born Nov 21, 1931
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a female in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Southern Australia approximately on 600. Your profession was shepherd, horseman, and forester.
You were a person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just a garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man. Your lesson - to learn humility and faith in spiritual principles. You should believe in High Reason.