Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Assyria
Fun Facts about the name Assyria
- How many people with the first name Assyria have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 117 babies born with the first name Assyria in the United States. That's more than enough people named Assyria to occupy the territory of Pitcairn Islands (United Kingdom) with an estimated population of 66 (as of July 1, 2008).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Assyria? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1995 when it was given as a first name to 12 new born babies.
- When was Assyria first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Assyria is Monday, March 6th, 1893.
- What year had the most people named Assyria born? The highest recorded use of the first name Assyria was in 1995 with a total of 12 babies.
- Weird things about the name Assyria: Your name in reverse order is Airyssa. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Yaasirs. How do you pronounce that?
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Assyria" mean? The list below shows the origins of Assyria as well as things modernly associated with the name Assyria such as celebrities named Assyria.
- An ancient kingdom in northern Mesopotamia which is in present-day Iraq
Learned borrowing from Latin Assyria, from Ancient Greek á¼ˆÏƒÏƒÏ…ÏÎ¯Î± (AssurÃa), from Akkadian ð’€¸ð’‹—ð’ºðŽ¹ (AÅ¡Å¡Å«rÄyu), from ð’€¸ð’‹© (AÅ¡Å¡ur, â€œAssurâ€), its original capital.
- A Semitic Akkadian kingdom, extant as a nation state from the midâ€“23rd century BC to 608 BC centred on the Upper Tigris river, in northern Mesopotamia (present day northern Iraq), that came to rule regional empires a number of times through history.
Assyria was also found in the following language(s): Latin and Portuguese
Other Inspirations for the Name Assyria
Assyria Civ 5
Assyria And Syria
Assyria Civ 5 Strategy
Assyria In The Bible
Assyria Modern Day
What does the name Assyria mean?
Ais for action, something to take now
Sis for strength, there when needed.
Sis for sensitive, another side shows.
Yis for yearn, your innermost desires.
Ris for refreshing, the sparkling you.
Iis for ideals, no higher!
Ais for adaptable, whenever things change
Past life for Assyria born Apr 4, 1951
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a female in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern England approximately on 1050. Your profession was builder of roads, bridges, and docks.
You were a person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just a garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man. You are bound to solve problems regarding pollution of environment, recycling, misuse of raw materials, elimination of radioactivity by all means including psychological methods.