- The act of one who blesses.
- A declaration of divine favor, or an invocation imploring divine favor on some or something; a benediction; a wish of happiness pronounces."This is the blessing, where with Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel." [Deut. xxxiii. 1.]
- A means of happiness; that which promotes prosperity and welfare; a beneficent gift."Nature's full blessings would be well dispensed." [Milton.]
- [Bib] A gift.(A Hebraism)
- Grateful praise or worship.
Etymology: AS. bletsung. See Bless (v. t.)