in the U.S.
in the U.S.
We noticed you have a microphone. If you know how to pronounce Bookie, just click the button to record. We'll save it, review it, and post it to help others.
Meanings and Origins
What does the name Bookie mean? Find out below.
Origin and Meaning of Bookie
Thanks! We will review your submission shortly!
- A gambler who accepts and pays off bets (especially on horse races)
bookmaker + -ie
- (informal) A bookmaker, being a person who, or business which, takes bets from the general public on sporting events and similar.
Notable Persons Named Bookie
Bookie Bolin is a notable individual. Bookie was born on June 17th, 1940 in Hamilton, Alabama. Bookie is also known as Bolin and Treva Gene.
Notable Persons With the Last Name Bookie
Mike Bookie was a soccer player for the Jeannette Athletic Association F.C., Boston Soccer Club, Vestaburg SC, New Bedford Whalers, and United States men's national soccer team. Mike was born on September 12th, 1904 in Pittsburgh. He breathed his last breath on October 12th, 1944.
Kid Bookie is a british hip hop and grime music musician. He plays Vocals Guitar and Rapping. He has had major accomplishments since 2009. Kid was given the name Tyronne Hill on April 19th, 1992.
Fun Facts about the name Bookie
- When was the first name Bookie first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the name Bookie is Tuesday, October 29th, 1895.
- How unique is the name Bookie? From 1880 to 2016 less than 5 people per year have been born with the first name Bookie. Hoorah! You are a unique individual.
- Weird things about the name Bookie: Your name in reverse order is Eikoob. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Ekoiob. How do you pronounce that?
What Bookie's Have Visited This Page?
Past life for Bookie born Apr 9, 1992
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a female in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern Africa approximately on 1400. Your profession was handicraftsman and mechanic.
You were a seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to the future. Your lesson - to develop kind attitude to people, to acquire gift of understanding and compassion.
Name poster for Bookie
(click to save the high quality version)
U.S. Census Bureau: Frequently Occurring Surnames from the Census 2000 (public domain).
Other Dictionary Sources: WordNet 3.1 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University (License).
Wiktionary: Titles and License.
Notable persons via Wikipedia: Titles and License. Click each image for the attribution information.