Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Boone
How popular is the baby name Boone in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Boone
- How many people with the first name Boone have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 2,239 babies born with the first name Boone in the United States. That's more than enough people named Boone to occupy the territory of Christmas Island (Australia) with an estimated population of 1,462 (as of June 30, 2010).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Boone? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1889 when it was given as a first name to 5 new born babies.
- When was Boone first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Boone is Sunday, May 5th, 1872.
- What year had the most people named Boone born? The highest recorded use of the first name Boone was in 2015 with a total of 220 babies.
- Random Boone Factoid: According to the 2015 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Boone is not a popular baby boy's name in Florida. Imagine that, only 6 babies in Florida have the same name as you in 2015.
- Weird things about the name Boone: Your name in reverse order is Enoob. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Ebnoo. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Boone? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 53,792 people with the last name Boone.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Boone? If you manage to meet 100,000 people in your life, chances are that 18 of them will have Boone as their last name.
Where is the name Boone popular?
Popularity of Boone as a first name
Common last names for Boone
|█||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander||0.52%||4.85%|
|█||American Indian and Alaska Native||1.38%||0.69%|
|█||Two or More Ethnicities||2.36%||1.76%|
|█||Hispanic or Latino||2.35%||16.26%|
Of Last Name Boone
People with the last name Boone are most frequently White or African American
Entire United States
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Boone" mean? The list below shows the origins of Boone as well as things modernly associated with the name Boone such as celebrities named Boone.
Origin and Meaning of Boone
The name "Boone" is of English origin, and it means "From Bohon in France". It's a name commonly given to boys.
- An American pioneer and guide and explorer (1734-1820)
- A surnameâ€‹.
- A city in Iowa
- A town in North Carolina
Boone was also found in the following language(s): Saterland Frisian
Other Inspirations for the Name Boone
Boone And Sons
Boone North Carolina
Boone County Schools
Notable Persons With the Last Name Boone
What does the name Boone mean?
Bis for bouquet, the flowers around you.
Ois for original, one of a kind!
Ois for old fashioned, you cherish the past.
Nis for notable, distinguished are your feats
Eis for explorer, always ready for the next journey