Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Bubba
Fun Facts about the name Bubba
- How many people with the first name Bubba have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 481 babies born with the first name Bubba in the United States. That's more than enough people named Bubba to occupy the territory of Pitcairn Islands (United Kingdom) with an estimated population of 66 (as of July 1, 2008).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Bubba? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1945 when it was given as a first name to 6 new born babies.
- When was Bubba first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Bubba is Tuesday, September 19th, 1893.
- What year had the most people named Bubba born? The highest recorded use of the first name Bubba was in 1963 with a total of 35 babies.
- Random Bubba Factoid: According to the 1971 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Bubba is not a popular baby boy's name in Texas. Imagine that, only 5 babies in Texas have the same name as you in 1971.
- Weird things about the name Bubba: Your name in reverse order is Abbub. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Abubb. How do you pronounce that?
Where is the name Bubba popular?
Popularity of Bubba as a first name
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Bubba" mean? The list below shows the origins of Bubba as well as things modernly associated with the name Bubba such as celebrities named Bubba.
Origin and Meaning of Bubba
The name "Bubba" is of American origin, and it means "Brother". It's a name commonly given to boys.
- (Southern US) The stereotypical white male; John Doe.
- German businesses wonder what Otto Normalverbraucher will buy, while US politicians fret over who vote for in the next US election.
- (Southern US) A generic nickname for any white male.
- Watch it, !
- (Southern US) A nickname for a brother, usually the eldest brother and initially used only by young children before sometimes spreading to become a person's general adult nickname.
- (US) Alternative form of bubba (a white male Southerner).
Bubba Trammell is a MLB player. Bubba was born in 1971 in Knoxville, Tennessee.
Other Inspirations for the Name Bubba
Bubba The Love Sponge
What does the name Bubba mean?
Bis for bouquet, the flowers around you.
Uis for upstanding, your inner-self.
Bis for beloved, as you are to many.
Bis for beauty, that comes from within.
Ais for articulate, a regular wordsmith