Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Chanda
How popular is the baby name Chanda in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Chanda
- How many people with the first name Chanda have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 6,095 babies born with the first name Chanda in the United States. That's more than enough people named Chanda to occupy the territory of Saint Pierre and Miquelon (France) with an estimated population of 6,000 (as of July 1, 2012).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Chanda? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1947 when it was given as a first name to 10 new born babies.
- When was Chanda first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Chanda is Wednesday, November 30th, 1910.
- What year had the most people named Chanda born? The highest recorded use of the first name Chanda was in 1976 with a total of 418 babies.
- Random Chanda Factoid: According to the 1974 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Chanda is not a popular baby girl's name in South Carolina. Imagine that, only 10 babies in South Carolina have the same name as you in 1974.
- Weird things about the name Chanda: Your name in reverse order is Adnahc. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Ndacha. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Chanda? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 778 people with the last name Chanda.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Chanda? Chances are, most people haven't met someone with Chanda as their last name since less than 1 person in 385k people have that last name. If you know one, consider yourself lucky!
Where is the name Chanda popular?
Popularity of Chanda as a first name
|█||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander||61.18%||4.85%|
|█||American Indian and Alaska Native||0.00%||0.69%|
|█||Two or More Ethnicities||2.70%||1.76%|
|█||Hispanic or Latino||0.00%||16.26%|
Of Last Name Chanda
People with the last name Chanda are most frequently White or Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander
Entire United States
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Chanda" mean? The list below shows the origins of Chanda as well as things modernly associated with the name Chanda such as celebrities named Chanda.
Origin and Meaning of Chanda
The name "Chanda" is of Indian (Sanskrit) origin, and it means "Hindi Goddess". It's a name commonly given to girls.
Other Inspirations for the Name Chanda
Chanda Prescod-weinstein Twitter
What does the name Chanda mean?
Cis for caring, your finest trait.
His for happiness, you always bring.
Ais for achievements, the many over a lifetime
Nis for neatness, your orderly way.
Dis for dependable, on you I can rely.
Ais for abundant, your cheer knows no bounds.