Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
More Popular Potential Spellings
Pronunciation of Cheese
We noticed you have a microphone. If you know how to pronounce Cheese, just click the button to record. We'll save it, review it, and post it to help others.
Fun Facts about the name Cheese
- When was the first name Cheese first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the name Cheese is Tuesday, November 28th, 1893.
- How unique is the name Cheese? From 1880 to 2015 less than 5 people per year have been born with the first name Cheese. Hoorah! You are a unique individual.
- Weird things about the name Cheese: Your name in reverse order is Eseehc. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Eceseh. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Cheese? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 464 people with the last name Cheese.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Cheese? Chances are, most people haven't met someone with Cheese as their last name since less than 1 person in 625k people have that last name. If you know one, consider yourself lucky!
Answer a few simple questions to help us improve the information we display about names on the site.
Where is the name Cheese popular?
Popularity of Cheese as a last name
The map shows the absolute popularity of the name Cheese as a last name in each of the states.
See other popular names in Alabama, Georgia, or New York.
Common first names for Cheese
||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander
||American Indian and Alaska Native
||Two or More Ethnicities
||Hispanic or Latino
Of Last Name Cheese
People with the last name Cheese are most frequently White or African American
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Cheese" mean? The list below shows the origins of Cheese as well as things modernly associated with the name Cheese such as celebrities named Cheese.
Webster's Unabridged Dictionary
- The curd of milk, coagulated usually with rennet, separated from the whey, and pressed into a solid mass in a hoop or mold.
- A mass of pomace, or ground apples, pressed together in the form of a cheese.
- The flat, circular, mucilaginous fruit of the dwarf mallow (Malva rotundifolia).(Colloq)
- A low courtesy; -- so called on account of the cheese form assumed by a woman's dress when she stoops after extending the skirts by a rapid gyration.
Etymology: OE. chese, AS. cēse, fr. L. caseus, LL. casius. Cf. Casein
- A solid food prepared from the pressed curd of milk
- Erect or decumbent Old World perennial with axillary clusters of rosy-purple flowers; introduced in United States
- Wind onto a cheese ("cheese the yarn")
- Used in the imperative (get away, or stop it) ("Cheese it!")
What does the name Cheese mean?
Cis for casual, no pretension here.
His for hardy, can't keep you down!
Eis for encouraging, thanks for the motivation!
Eis for early, promptness is a virtue
Sis for superb, a great attitude about life.
Eis for exquisite, who could argue?
Past life for Cheese born Dec 31, 1957
What would you ask a Psychic? Get 3 FREE minutes with the most qualified advisors
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a female in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Iran approximately on 875. Your profession was philosopher and thinker.
You had an artistic personality, always transforming ugly into beauty, gray into bright colors. You would find an opportunity of creative self-expression in any situation. Your main lesson in present - to develop magnanimity and feeling of brotherhood. Try to become less adhered to material property and learn to have only as many, as you may give back.
Name poster for Cheese
(click to save the high quality version)
Most Popular Names
Also see our other name lists