- A covering for the head.(Obs)
- Anything regarded as extended over the head, as the arch or concave of the sky, the roof of a house, the arch over a door."The starry copeof heaven." [Milton.]
- An ecclesiastical vestment or cloak, semicircular in form, reaching from the shoulders nearly to the feet, and open in front except at the top, where it is united by a band or clasp. It is worn in processions and on some other occasions."A hundred and sixty priests all in their copes." [Bp. Burnet.]
- An ancient tribute due to the lord of the soil, out of the lead mines in Derbyshire, England.
- [Founding] The top part of a flask or mold; the outer part of a loam mold.
Etymology: A doublet of cape. See Cape Cap