Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Cortez
How popular is the baby name Cortez in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Cortez
- How many people with the first name Cortez have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 9,713 babies born with the first name Cortez in the United States. That's more than enough people named Cortez to occupy the country of Saint Barth with an estimated population of 8,902 (as of January 1, 2009).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Cortez? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1882 when it was given as a first name to 5 new born babies.
- When was Cortez first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Cortez is Wednesday, May 17th, 1871.
- What year had the most people named Cortez born? The highest recorded use of the first name Cortez was in 1990 with a total of 346 babies.
- Random Cortez Factoid: According to the 2004 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Cortez is not a popular baby boy's name in Maryland. Imagine that, only 8 babies in Maryland have the same name as you in 2004.
- Weird things about the name Cortez: Your name in reverse order is Zetroc. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Tzroec. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Cortez? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 101,694 people with the last name Cortez.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Cortez? Cortez was ranked as the 310th most popular last name but is still less than 0.1% of the population!
Where is the name Cortez popular?
Popularity of Cortez as a first name
Common last names for Cortez
|█||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander||2.92%||4.85%|
|█||American Indian and Alaska Native||0.29%||0.69%|
|█||Two or More Ethnicities||0.44%||1.76%|
|█||Hispanic or Latino||89.65%||16.26%|
Of Last Name Cortez
People with the last name Cortez are most frequently Hispanic or Latino
Entire United States
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Cortez" mean? The list below shows the origins of Cortez as well as things modernly associated with the name Cortez such as celebrities named Cortez.
Origin and Meaning of Cortez
The name "Cortez" is of Spanish origin, and it means "Courteous". It's a name commonly given to boys.
- Spanish conquistador who defeated the Aztecs and conquered Mexico (1485-1547)
- A surnameâ€‹.
Cortez Kennedy is a NFL player. Cortez was born in 1968 in Osceola, Arkansas.
Other Inspirations for the Name Cortez
Cortez The Killer
Cortez The Killer Lyrics
Notable Persons With the Last Name Cortez
Mike Cortez is a basketball biography. Mike was born in 1980 in San Jose, California.
What does the name Cortez mean?
Cis for calm, a pleasant trait.
Ois for openness, it's refreshing!
Ris for rewards, from your hard work
Tis for touching, the way you show you are.
Eis for exotic, no lack of spirit here!
Zis for zeal, your zest for life.