- Pertaining to the universe, and having special reference to universal law or order, or to the one grand harmonious system of things; hence; harmonious; orderly.
- Pertaining to the solar system as a whole, and not to the earth alone.
- Characteristic of the cosmos or universe; inconceivably great; vast; as, cosmic speed." Cosmicranges of time." [Tyndall.]
- [Astron] Rising or setting with the sun; -- the opposite of acronycal.
- of unsurpassed size, extent, or significance; vast; as, of cosmic proportions; of cosmic importance.
Etymology: Gr. kosmiko`s of the world, fr. ko`smos: cf. F. cosmique. See Cosmos