in the U.S.
in the U.S.
How to Pronounce Daenerys
We noticed you have a microphone. If you know how to pronounce Daenerys, just click the button to record. We'll save it, review it, and post it to help others.
Meanings and Origins
What does the name Daenerys mean? Find out below.
Origin and Meaning of Daenerys
Thanks! We will review your submission shortly!
From the name of a character in George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire novels; popularised by the later television adaptation Game of Thrones.
- A female given name of modern usage.
Notable Persons Named Daenerys
Daenerys is also known as Daenerys Stormborn, Khaleesi, and Dany.
Where is the name Daenerys popular?
Popularity of Daenerys as a first name
The map shows the absolute popularity of the name Daenerys as a first name in each of the states.
See other popular names in California, Texas, or New York.
Fun Facts about the name Daenerys
- How Popular is the name Daenerys? Daenerys is the 19,493rd most popular name of all time.
- How many people with the first name Daenerys have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2016, the Social Security Administration has recorded 358 babies born with the first name Daenerys in the United States. That's more than enough people named Daenerys to occupy the territory of Pitcairn Islands (United Kingdom) with an estimated population of 66 (as of July 1, 2008).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Daenerys? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 2012 when it was given as a first name to 21 new born babies.
- What year had the most people named Daenerys born? The highest recorded use of the first name Daenerys was in 2016 with a total of 101 babies.
- Random Daenerys Factoid: According to the 2014 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Daenerys is not a popular baby girl's name in New York. Imagine that, only 5 babies in New York have the same name as you in 2014.
- Weird things about the name Daenerys: Your name in reverse order is Syrenead. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Adeersyn. How do you pronounce that?
What Daenerys's Have Visited This Page?
Past life for Daenerys born Aug 30, 1991
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a female in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Western Russia approximately on 1425. Your profession was farmer, weaver, and tailor.
You were a seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to the future. You fulfill your lesson by helping old folks and children. You came to that life to learn to care about weak and helpless.
Name poster for Daenerys
(click to save the high quality version)
U.S. Census Bureau: Frequently Occurring Surnames from the Census 2000 (public domain).
U.S. Social Security Administration: Popular Baby Names, Death Master File (public domain).
Wiktionary: Titles and License.
Notable persons via Wikipedia: Titles and License. Click each image for the attribution information.