Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Darby
How popular is the baby name Darby in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Darby
- How many people with the first name Darby have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 10,228 babies born with the first name Darby in the United States. That's more than enough people named Darby to occupy the country of Tuvalu with an estimated population of 10,000 (as of July 1, 2012).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Darby? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1913 when it was given as a first name to 6 new born babies.
- When was Darby first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Darby is Saturday, March 20th, 1875.
- What year had the most people named Darby born? The highest recorded use of the first name Darby was in 1995 with a total of 491 babies.
- Random Darby Factoid: According to the 2002 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Darby is not a popular baby girl's name in New York. Imagine that, only 8 babies in New York have the same name as you in 2002.
- Weird things about the name Darby: Your name in reverse order is Ybrad. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Ydrba. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Darby? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 18,757 people with the last name Darby.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Darby? If you manage to meet 100,000 people in your life, chances are that 6 of them will have Darby as their last name.
Where is the name Darby popular?
Popularity of Darby as a first name
Common last names for Darby
|█||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander||0.41%||4.85%|
|█||American Indian and Alaska Native||0.51%||0.69%|
|█||Two or More Ethnicities||2.23%||1.76%|
|█||Hispanic or Latino||2.13%||16.26%|
Of Last Name Darby
People with the last name Darby are most frequently White or African American
Entire United States
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Darby" mean? The list below shows the origins of Darby as well as things modernly associated with the name Darby such as celebrities named Darby.
Origin and Meaning of Darby
The name "Darby" is of English origin, and it means "From the deer park farm". It's a name commonly given to both boys and girls.
From the English place name Derby, from Old Norse djúr (“deer”) + býr (“settlement”).
- A habitational surname.
- A male given name transferred from the surname.
- A female given name of modern usage, transferred from the surname.
Darby Crash is a singer-songwriter specializing in punk rock music. Darby was born in 1958 as Jan Paul Beahm.
Other Inspirations for the Name Darby
Darby O'gill And The Little People
What does the name Darby mean?
Dis for dependable, on you I can rely.
Ais for admirers, and all that you have!
Ris for rational, the way you think.
Bis for beauty, that comes from within.
Yis for yes, always open to new possibilities