in the U.S.
in the U.S.
How to Pronounce Desdemona
We noticed you have a microphone. If you know how to pronounce Desdemona, just click the button to record. We'll save it, review it, and post it to help others.
Meanings and Origins
What does the name Desdemona mean? Find out below.
Origin and Meaning of Desdemona
Coined based on Ancient Greek Î´Ï…Ïƒ- (dus-) + Î´Î±Î¯Î¼Ï‰Î½ (daÃmÅn), hence "ill-fated, unfortunate".
- Character in Shakespeare's play The Tragedy of Othello, the Moor of Venice, the wife of Othello
- (astronomy): An inner moon of the planet Uranus.
Notable Persons Named Desdemona
Desdemona Mazza is an actress. She was most active from 1920 to 1931. Desdemona was born on October 3rd, 1901 in Castel San Pietro Terme.
Fun Facts about the name Desdemona
- How Popular is the name Desdemona? Desdemona is the 52,440th most popular name of all time.
- How many people with the first name Desdemona have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2016, the Social Security Administration has recorded 35 babies born with the first name Desdemona in the United States.
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Desdemona? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1904 when it was given as a first name to 6 new born babies.
- When was Desdemona first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Desdemona is Tuesday, August 27th, 1878.
- What year had the most people named Desdemona born? The highest recorded use of the first name Desdemona was in 1994 with a total of 7 babies.
- Weird things about the name Desdemona: Your name in reverse order is Anomedsed. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Deandemos. How do you pronounce that?
What Desdemona's Have Visited This Page?
Past life for Desdemona born Dec 2, 2015
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a female in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Southern England approximately on 1500. Your profession was designer, engineering, and craftsman.
You were a seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to the future. Your lesson - to develop kind attitude to people, to acquire gift of understanding and compassion.
Name poster for Desdemona
(click to save the high quality version)
U.S. Census Bureau: Frequently Occurring Surnames from the Census 2000 (public domain).
U.S. Social Security Administration: Popular Baby Names, Death Master File (public domain).
Wiktionary: Titles and License.
Notable persons via Wikipedia: Titles and License. Click each image for the attribution information.