in the U.S.
in the U.S.
We noticed you have a microphone. If you know how to pronounce Dingus, just click the button to record. We'll save it, review it, and post it to help others.
Meanings and Origins
What does the name Dingus mean? Find out below.
Origin and Meaning of Dingus
Thanks! We will review your submission shortly!
Borrowing from Dutch dinges, ding (“thing”).
- (informal, Canada, US) A gadget, device, or object whose name is either unknown or forgotten; a thingamajig.
- A fool or incompetent person.
I just lost my keys again. Now I feel like a .
- (slang, vulgar) penis
Notable Persons With the Last Name Dingus
Eric Dingus is a cloud rap record producer. He was most prominent from 2012 to present. Eric was given the name Eric Maxwell Dingus on March 27th, 1995 in Austin, Texas, United States.
Where is the name Dingus popular?
Popularity of Dingus as a last name
The map shows the absolute popularity of the name Dingus as a last name in each of the states.
See other popular names in Virginia, Kentucky, or Tennessee.
Common first names for Dingus
||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander
||American Indian and Alaska Native
||Two or More Ethnicities
||Hispanic or Latino
Of Last Name Dingus
People with the last name Dingus are most frequently White
Fun Facts about the name Dingus
- How Popular is the name Dingus? As a last name Dingus was the 13,160th most popular name in 2010.
- When was the first name Dingus first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the name Dingus is Saturday, May 22nd, 1886.
- How unique is the name Dingus? From 1880 to 2016 less than 5 people per year have been born with the first name Dingus. Hoorah! You are a unique individual.
- Weird things about the name Dingus: Your name in reverse order is Sugnid. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Uigdsn. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Dingus? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 2,324 people with the last name Dingus.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Dingus? Chances are, most people haven't met someone with Dingus as their last name since less than 1 person in 127k people have that last name. If you know one, consider yourself lucky!
What Dingus's Have Visited This Page?
Past life for Dingus born Jun 29, 1962
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a male in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of USA North-Central approximately on 825. Your profession was leader, major, and captain.
You had an artistic personality, always transforming ugly into beauty, gray into bright colors. You would find an opportunity of creative self-expression in any situation. Your main lesson in present - to develop magnanimity and feeling of brotherhood. Try to become less adhered to material property and learn to have only as many, as you may give back.
Name poster for Dingus
(click to save the high quality version)
U.S. Census Bureau: Frequently Occurring Surnames from the Census 2000 (public domain).
Wiktionary: Titles and License.
Notable persons via Wikipedia: Titles and License. Click each image for the attribution information.