Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Drayton
How popular is the baby name Drayton in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Drayton
- How many people with the first name Drayton have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 1,683 babies born with the first name Drayton in the United States. That's more than enough people named Drayton to occupy the territory of Christmas Island (Australia) with an estimated population of 1,462 (as of June 30, 2010).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Drayton? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1915 when it was given as a first name to 5 new born babies.
- When was Drayton first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Drayton is Sunday, November 14th, 1875.
- What year had the most people named Drayton born? The highest recorded use of the first name Drayton was in 2012 with a total of 78 babies.
- Random Drayton Factoid: According to the 2008 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Drayton is not a popular baby boy's name in Texas. Imagine that, only 6 babies in Texas have the same name as you in 2008.
- Weird things about the name Drayton: Your name in reverse order is Notyard. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Ntroyda. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Drayton? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 7,648 people with the last name Drayton.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Drayton? If you manage to meet 100,000 people in your life, chances are that 3 of them will have Drayton as their last name.
Where is the name Drayton popular?
Popularity of Drayton as a first name
Common last names for Drayton
|█||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander||0.22%||4.85%|
|█||American Indian and Alaska Native||0.20%||0.69%|
|█||Two or More Ethnicities||3.29%||1.76%|
|█||Hispanic or Latino||2.77%||16.26%|
Of Last Name Drayton
People with the last name Drayton are most frequently White or African American
Entire United States
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Drayton" mean? The list below shows the origins of Drayton as well as things modernly associated with the name Drayton such as celebrities named Drayton.
From Old English attested as DrÃ¦gtune, Draigtun or Draituna from drÃ¦g- +â€Ž tÅ«n, meaning an enclosure or town where logs are dragged. The first element from draÄ¡an (â€œto drawâ€), from Proto-Germanic *draganÄ…, ultimately from Proto-Indo-European *dÊ°reÇµ- (â€œdraw, pull, dragâ€), the second element from Proto-Germanic *tÅ«nÄ… (â€œenclosureâ€), from Gaulish dunum, from Proto-Celtic *dÅ«nom, from Proto-Indo-European *dÊ°uHnom (â€œenclosureâ€), from *dheuhâ‚‚, *dhuhâ‚‚, *dÊ°ewhâ‚‚- (â€œto finish, come full circleâ€). See dray (â€œa drawn cart, sledge or sledâ€).
Alternatively from Brythonic *Dray (cognate with Welsh tref (â€œtownâ€)) + Old English tÅ«n (â€œtown, enclosureâ€). First element from Proto-Celtic *trebÄ (â€œsettlementâ€) (compare Old Irish treb (â€œfarm, holdingâ€)), from Proto-Indo-European *treb- (â€œsettlementâ€) (compare Old English Ã¾orp (â€œvillageâ€), Lithuanian troba (â€œhouseâ€)), the second element, ultimately also of Celtic origin, is detailed above.
- A surnameâ€‹.
- Any of several places in England, with more in other countries named after the English ones.
- a village in Norfolk, England
- a hamlet in Daventry, Northamptonshire, England.
- a village in Cherwell, Oxfordshire, England.
- a village near Abingdon, Oxfordshire, England.
- a village in Somerset, England.
Other Inspirations for the Name Drayton
What does the name Drayton mean?
Dis for dream, your beacon ahead.
Ris for relax, you know how!
Ais for activities, for you have many.
Yis for youthful, your eternal look.
Tis for tender, loving nature.
Ois for organized, you always know where things are
Nis for novel, don't get too complicated!