in the U.S.
in the U.S.
We noticed you have a microphone. If you know how to pronounce Dum, just click the button to record. We'll save it, review it, and post it to help others.
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Dum" mean? The list below shows things modernly associated with the name Dum such as celebrities named Dum.
Origin and Meaning of Dum
Thanks! We will review your submission shortly!
From Hindi दम (dam).
dum was also found in the following language(s): Danish, Esperanto, Ido, Latin, Lojban, Norwegian BokmÃ¥l, Norwegian Nynorsk, Old Irish, Portuguese, Saterland Frisian, Swedish, and Uzbek
Notable Persons With the Last Name Dum
Sascha Dum is a soccer player for the FC Schalke 04 II, Bayer 04 Leverkusen, Bayer 04 Leverkusen II, Alemannia Aachen, FC Energie Cottbus, Fortuna Düsseldorf, MSV Duisburg, Germany national youth football team, and Germany national under-21 football team. Sascha was born on July 3rd, 1986 in Leverkusen.
Where is the name Dum popular?
Popularity of Dum as a last name
The map shows the absolute popularity of the name Dum as a last name in each of the states.
See other popular names in Pennsylvania, Ohio, or California.
Common first names for Dum
||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander
||American Indian and Alaska Native
||Two or More Ethnicities
||Hispanic or Latino
Of Last Name Dum
People with the last name Dum are most frequently White or Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander
Fun Facts about the name Dum
- How Popular is the name Dum? As a last name Dum was the 64,054th most popular name in 2010.
- When was the first name Dum first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the name Dum is Saturday, May 6th, 1899.
- How unique is the name Dum? From 1880 to 2015 less than 5 people per year have been born with the first name Dum. Hoorah! You are a unique individual.
- Weird things about the name Dum: Your name in reverse order is Mud. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Umd. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Dum? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 311 people with the last name Dum.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Dum? Chances are, most people haven't met someone with Dum as their last name since less than 1 person in 909k people have that last name. If you know one, consider yourself lucky!
What Dum's Have Visited This Page?
What does the name Dum mean?
Dis for dashing, the romantic you!
Uis for unite, you bring people together.
Mis for mirth, your laughter.
Past life for Dum born Jun 9, 2014
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a male in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Ontario approximately on 1525. Your profession was entertainer, musician, poet, and temple-dancer.
You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy. You should develop your talent for love, happiness and enthusiasm and to distribute these feelings to all people.
Name poster for Dum
(click to save the high quality version)
U.S. Census Bureau: Frequently Occurring Surnames from the Census 2000 (public domain).
Wiktionary: Titles and License.
Notable persons via Wikipedia: Titles and License. Click each image for the attribution information.