Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Fergus
Fun Facts about the name Fergus
- How many people with the first name Fergus have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 381 babies born with the first name Fergus in the United States. That's more than enough people named Fergus to occupy the territory of Pitcairn Islands (United Kingdom) with an estimated population of 66 (as of July 1, 2008).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Fergus? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1916 when it was given as a first name to 7 new born babies.
- When was Fergus first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Fergus is Friday, July 11th, 1873.
- What year had the most people named Fergus born? The highest recorded use of the first name Fergus was in 2015 with a total of 21 babies.
- Random Fergus Factoid: According to the 2015 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Fergus is not a popular baby boy's name in Minnesota. Imagine that, only 5 babies in Minnesota have the same name as you in 2015.
- Weird things about the name Fergus: Your name in reverse order is Sugref. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Fguser. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Fergus? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 1,850 people with the last name Fergus.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Fergus? Chances are, most people haven't met someone with Fergus as their last name since less than 1 person in 159k people have that last name. If you know one, consider yourself lucky!
Where is the name Fergus popular?
Popularity of Fergus as a first name
Common last names for Fergus
|█||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander||0.00%||4.85%|
|█||American Indian and Alaska Native||0.00%||0.69%|
|█||Two or More Ethnicities||2.43%||1.76%|
|█||Hispanic or Latino||4.22%||16.26%|
Of Last Name Fergus
People with the last name Fergus are most frequently White or African American
Entire United States
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Fergus" mean? The list below shows the origins of Fergus as well as things modernly associated with the name Fergus such as celebrities named Fergus.
Origin and Meaning of Fergus
The name "Fergus" is of Scottish origin, and it means "Man Strength". It's a name commonly given to boys.
From Irish or Scottish Gaelic Fearghas. The first element may be related to modern fÃ¬or (â€œtrueâ€) or fear (â€œmanâ€) (cf. Fearchar). The second element has been understood to mean 'choice' (cf. Angus). Thus the name means either "most chosen one" or "chosen man".
- A male given name.
- A patronymic surnameâ€‹.
Fergus was also found in the following language(s): Old Irish
Other Inspirations for the Name Fergus
Fergus Falls Daily Journal
Fergus Falls Mn
Fergus Gleeson Actor
Fergus Or Wyatt
Fergus Witcher 3
What does the name Fergus mean?
Fis for fabulous, yes the fabulous you!
Eis for excellence, your passion, your drive.
Ris for romantic, hopelessly so
Gis for gracious, it shows everyday.
Uis for unique, your love of life.
Sis for serene, your calm time.