in the U.S.
in the U.S.
We noticed you have a microphone. If you know how to pronounce Foolish, just click the button to record. We'll save it, review it, and post it to help others.
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Foolish" mean? The list below shows things modernly associated with the name Foolish such as celebrities named Foolish.
Origin and Meaning of Foolish
Thanks! We will review your submission shortly!
Webster's Unabridged Dictionary
- Marked with, or exhibiting, folly; void of understanding; weak in intellect; without judgment or discretion; silly; unwise." I am a very foolish fond old man." [Shak.]
- Such as a fool would do; proceeding from weakness of mind or silliness; exhibiting a want of judgment or discretion; as, a foolish act.
- Absurd; ridiculous; despicable; contemptible." A foolish figure he must make." [Prior.]
synonyms: Absurd; shallow; shallow-brained; brainless; simple; irrational; unwise; imprudent; indiscreet; incautious; silly; ridiculous; vain; trifling; contemptible. See Absurd.
- Having or revealing stupidity
- Devoid of good sense or judgment ("foolish remarks" and "a foolish decision")
Fun Facts about the name Foolish
- How unique is the name Foolish? Out of 5,743,017 records in the U.S. Social Security Administration public data, the first name Foolish was not present. It is possible the name you are searching has less than five occurrences per year.
- Weird things about the name Foolish: Your name in reverse order is Hsiloof. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Foolihs. How do you pronounce that?
What Foolish's Have Visited This Page?
What does the name Foolish mean?
Fis for festive, the youth of your spirit.
Ois for optimistic, look at the bright side!
Ois for openness, it's refreshing!
Lis for lofty, your ambitions are high!
Iis for ideals, no higher!
Sis for sweet, your pleasing way.
His for honor, your most valuable possession.
Past life for Foolish born Dec 5, 2013
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a female in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern New Zealand approximately on 1200. Your profession was seaman, cook, and carpenter.
Your psychological profile shows you had a natural talent of psychologist and knew how to use the opportunities. Cold-blooded and calm in any situation. Your problem - to learn to love and to trust the Universe. You are bound to think, study, reflect and develop inner wisdom.
Name poster for Foolish
(click to save the high quality version)
U.S. Census Bureau: Frequently Occurring Surnames from the Census 2000 (public domain).
1913 Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary via the Collaborative International Dictionary of English (License)
Other Dictionary Sources: WordNet 3.1 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University (License).
Wiktionary: Titles and License.