- Marked with, or exhibiting, folly; void of understanding; weak in intellect; without judgment or discretion; silly; unwise." I am a very foolish fond old man." [Shak.]
- Such as a fool would do; proceeding from weakness of mind or silliness; exhibiting a want of judgment or discretion; as, a foolish act.
- Absurd; ridiculous; despicable; contemptible." A foolish figure he must make." [Prior.]synonyms: Absurd; shallow; shallow-brained; brainless; simple; irrational; unwise; imprudent; indiscreet; incautious; silly; ridiculous; vain; trifling; contemptible. See Absurd.
Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
- Free Horoscope
- Gender: Unknown
Pronunciation of Foolish
Fun Facts about the name Foolish
- How unique is the name Foolish? Out of 5,743,017 records in the U.S. Social Security Administration public data, the first name Foolish was not present. It is possible the name you are searching has less than five occurrences per year.
- Weird things about the name Foolish: Your name in reverse order is Hsiloof. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Loohsif. How do you pronounce that?
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Foolish" mean? The list below shows the origins of Foolish as well as things modernly associated with the name Foolish such as celebrities named Foolish.
- Having or revealing stupidity
- Devoid of good sense or judgment ("foolish remarks" and "a foolish decision")
fool + -ish
What does the name Foolish mean?
Fis for festive, the youth of your spirit.
Ois for optimistic, look at the bright side!
Ois for openness, it's refreshing!
Lis for lofty, your ambitions are high!
Iis for ideals, no higher!
Sis for sweet, your pleasing way.
His for honor, your most valuable possession.
Past life for Foolish born Dec 5, 2013
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a female in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern New Zealand approximately on 1200. Your profession was seaman, cook, and carpenter.
Your psychological profile shows you had a natural talent of psychologist and knew how to use the opportunities. Cold-blooded and calm in any situation. Your problem - to learn to love and to trust the Universe. You are bound to think, study, reflect and develop inner wisdom.