in the U.S.
in the U.S.
We noticed you have a microphone. If you know how to pronounce Hex, just click the button to record. We'll save it, review it, and post it to help others.
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Hex" mean? The list below shows things modernly associated with the name Hex such as celebrities named Hex.
Origin and Meaning of Hex
Thanks! We will review your submission shortly!
- An evil spell
- Cast a spell over someone or something; put a hex on someone or something
- Of or pertaining to a number system having 16 as its base
First attested about 1830, from Pennsylvania German hexe (“to practice witchcraft”), from German hexen (compare Hexe (“witch”)). The noun appeared later, in the 1850s. Cognate to Dutch heks (“witch”), Dutch beheksen (“to bewitch”).
- An evil spell or curse.
- A witch.
- (rare) A spell (now rare but still found in compounds such as hex sign and hexcraft).
Short for hexadecimal.
- (computing, informal) Short for hexadecimal.
Short for hexagon.
- A hexagonal space on a game board.
- (climbing) a hexagon-shaped item of rock climbing equipment intended to be wedged into a crack or other opening in the rock.
Notable Persons With the Name Hex
Hex Hector is a house music and tech house musician. He was most prominent from 1980 to present. Hex was born on April 15th, 1965.
Fun Facts about the name Hex
- When was the first name Hex first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the name Hex is Sunday, April 26th, 1908.
- How unique is the name Hex? From 1880 to 2015 less than 5 people per year have been born with the first name Hex. Hoorah! You are a unique individual.
- Weird things about the name Hex: Your name in reverse order is Xeh. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Ehx. How do you pronounce that?
What Hex's Have Visited This Page?
What does the name Hex mean?
His for hardy, can't keep you down!
Eis for eternal, your spirit will live.
Xis for Xanadu, your place of paradise.
Past life for Hex born Apr 1, 2006
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a female in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Southern England approximately on 1400. Your profession was handicraftsman and mechanic.
You were a seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to the future. Your lesson - to develop kind attitude to people, to acquire gift of understanding and compassion.
Name poster for Hex
(click to save the high quality version)
U.S. Census Bureau: Frequently Occurring Surnames from the Census 2000 (public domain).
Other Dictionary Sources: WordNet 3.1 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University (License).
Wiktionary: Titles and License.
Notable persons via Wikipedia: Titles and License. Click each image for the attribution information.