in the U.S.
in the U.S.
We noticed you have a microphone. If you know how to pronounce Illyria, just click the button to record. We'll save it, review it, and post it to help others.
Meanings and Origins
What does the name Illyria mean? Find out below.
Origin and Meaning of Illyria
Thanks! We will review your submission shortly!
- An uncertain region on the east shore of the Adriatic where an ancient Indo-European people once lived
From Latin Illyria, from Ancient Greek á¼¸Î»Î»Ï…ÏÎ¯Î± (IllurÃa), which may be from Illyrian.
- A region in the western part of today's Balkan Peninsula that was inhabited by the Illyrians, ancient Indo-European people.
Illyria was also found in the following language(s): Latin
Fun Facts about the name Illyria
- How Popular is the name Illyria? Illyria is the 38,859th most popular name of all time.
- How many people with the first name Illyria have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2016, the Social Security Administration has recorded 83 babies born with the first name Illyria in the United States. That's more than enough people named Illyria to occupy the territory of Pitcairn Islands (United Kingdom) with an estimated population of 66 (as of July 1, 2008).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Illyria? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 2004 when it was given as a first name to 6 new born babies.
- When was Illyria first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Illyria is Wednesday, August 18th, 1915.
- What year had the most people named Illyria born? The highest recorded use of the first name Illyria was in 2015 with a total of 10 babies.
- Weird things about the name Illyria: Your name in reverse order is Airylli. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Iaylrli. How do you pronounce that?
What Illyria's Have Visited This Page?
Past life for Illyria born Mar 4, 1977
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a male in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Ukraine approximately on 775. Your profession was map maker, astrologer, and astronomer.
Psychologically, you were timid, constrained, and quiet. You had creative talents, waited until that life to be liberated. Sometimes environment considered you strange. It always seemed to you, that your perceptions of the world are somewhat different. Your lesson - to trust your intuition as your best guide in present life.
Name poster for Illyria
(click to save the high quality version)
U.S. Census Bureau: Frequently Occurring Surnames from the Census 2000 (public domain).
U.S. Social Security Administration: Popular Baby Names, Death Master File (public domain).
Other Dictionary Sources: WordNet 3.1 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University (License).
Wiktionary: Titles and License.