Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
More Popular Potential Spellings
Pronunciation of Imagine
We noticed you have a microphone. If you know how to pronounce Imagine, just click the button to record. We'll save it, review it, and post it to help others.
Fun Facts about the name Imagine
- How many people with the first name Imagine have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 118 babies born with the first name Imagine in the United States. That's more than enough people named Imagine to occupy the territory of Pitcairn Islands (United Kingdom) with an estimated population of 66 (as of July 1, 2008).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Imagine? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1996 when it was given as a first name to 7 new born babies.
- When was Imagine first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Imagine is Wednesday, November 16th, 1938.
- What year had the most people named Imagine born? The highest recorded use of the first name Imagine was in 2001 with a total of 12 babies.
- Random Imagine Factoid: According to the 2000 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Imagine is not a popular baby girl's name in Texas. Imagine that, only 5 babies in Texas have the same name as you in 2000.
- Weird things about the name Imagine: Your name in reverse order is Enigami. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Iieanmg. How do you pronounce that?
Answer a few simple questions to help us improve the information we display about names on the site.
Where is the name Imagine popular?
Popularity of Imagine as a first name
The map shows the absolute popularity of the name Imagine as a first name in each of the states.
See other popular names in Texas.
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Imagine" mean? The list below shows the origins of Imagine as well as things modernly associated with the name Imagine such as celebrities named Imagine.
Origin and Meaning of Imagine
The name "Imagine" is of American origin, and it means "To think, believe". It's a name commonly given to both boys and girls.
Webster's Unabridged Dictionary
- To form in the mind a notion or idea of; to form a mental image of; to conceive; to produce by the imagination."In the night, imagining some fear,
How easy is a bush supposed a bear!" [Shak.]
- To contrive in purpose; to scheme; to devise; to compass; to purpose. See Compass
(v. t.), 5."How long will ye imagine mischief against a man?" [Ps. lxii. 3.]
- To represent to one's self; to think; to believe.
synonyms: To fancy; conceive; apprehend; think; believe; suppose; opine; deem; plan; scheme; devise.
Etymology: F. imaginer, L. imaginari, p. p. imaginatus, fr. imago image. See Image
- To form images or conceptions; to conceive; to devise.
- To think; to suppose."My sister is not so defenseless left
As you imagine." [Milton.]
- Expect, believe, or suppose ("I imagine she earned a lot of money with her new novel")
- Form a mental image of something that is not present or that is not the case
From Old French imaginer, from Latin imāginor, from imāginem, the accusative singular of imāgō (“a copy, likeness, image”).
imagine was also found in the following language(s): French, Latin, Portuguese, Romanian, and Spanish
Other Inspirations for the Name Imagine
Imagine Dragons Dc
Imagine Dragons Demons
Imagine Dragons Radioactive
Imagine Dragons Setlist
Imagine Dragons Shots
Imagine Dragons Tour
Imagine John Lennon
What does the name Imagine mean?
Iis for interest, you show in others.
Mis for mild, your mild and gentle way.
Ais for angelic, a truly pure heart
Gis for gracious, it shows everyday.
Iis for infinite, are your possibilities
Nis for number one, make sure to take care of yourself above all others
Eis for extra, those little things you do!
Past life for Imagine born May 4, 1954
What would you ask a Psychic? Get 3 FREE minutes with the most qualified advisors
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a female in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern Africa approximately on 450. Your profession was librarian, priest, and keeper of tribal relics.
You were a seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to the future. Your lesson - to develop kind attitude to people, to acquire gift of understanding and compassion.
Name poster for Imagine
(click to save the high quality version)
Most Popular Names
Also see our other name lists