in the U.S.
in the U.S.
How to Pronounce Impatient
We noticed you have a microphone. If you know how to pronounce Impatient, just click the button to record. We'll save it, review it, and post it to help others.
Meanings and Origins
What does the name Impatient mean? Find out below.
Origin and Meaning of Impatient
Thanks! We will review your submission shortly!
Webster's Unabridged Dictionary
- Not patient; not bearing with composure; intolerant; uneasy; fretful; restless, because of pain, delay, or opposition; eager for change, or for something expected; hasty; passionate; -- often followed by at
of, and under."A violent, sudden, and impatient necessity." [Jer. Taylor.]"Fame, impatient of extremes, decays
Not more by envy than excess of praise." [Pope.]"The impatient man will not give himself time to be informed of the matter that lies before him." [Addison.]"Dryden was poor and impatient of poverty." [Macaulay.]
- Not to be borne; unendurable.(Obs)
- Prompted by, or exhibiting, impatience; as, impatient speeches or replies.
synonyms: Restless; uneasy; changeable; hot; eager; fretful; intolerant; passionate.
Etymology: OE. impacient, F. impatient, fr. L. impatiens; pref. im- not + patiens patient. See Patient
One who is impatient.
- (usually followed by `to') full of eagerness ("impatient to begin")
- Restless or short-tempered under delay or opposition ("impatient with the slower students" and "impatient of criticism")
From Old French impacient (modern: impatient), from Latin impatiens.
impatient was also found in the following language(s): French
Fun Facts about the name Impatient
- How unique is the name Impatient? Out of 5,838,786 records in the U.S. Social Security Administration public data, the first name Impatient was not present. It is possible the name you are searching has less than five occurrences per year.
- Weird things about the name Impatient: Your name in reverse order is Tneitapmi. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Itimnatep. How do you pronounce that?
What Impatients Have Visited This Page?
Past life for Impatient born Oct 29, 1983
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a female in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Iran approximately on 1875. Your profession was map maker, astrologer, and astronomer.
You had an artistic personality, always transforming ugly into beauty, gray into bright colors. You would find an opportunity of creative self-expression in any situation. Your main lesson in present - to develop magnanimity and feeling of brotherhood. Try to become less adhered to material property and learn to have only as many, as you may give back.
Name poster for Impatient
(click to save the high quality version)
U.S. Census Bureau: Frequently Occurring Surnames from the Census 2000 (public domain).
1913 Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary via the Collaborative International Dictionary of English (License)
Other Dictionary Sources: WordNet 3.1 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University (License).
Wiktionary: Titles and License.