in the U.S.
in the U.S.
We noticed you have a microphone. If you know how to pronounce Jackpot, just click the button to record. We'll save it, review it, and post it to help others.
Meanings and Origins
What does the name Jackpot mean? Find out below.
Origin and Meaning of Jackpot
Thanks! We will review your submission shortly!
Webster's Unabridged Dictionary
- Same as jack pot. See under jack.
- Any larger-than-usual gambling prize formed by the accumulation of unwon bets.
- The highest gambling prize awarded in a gambling game in which smaller prizes are also awarded, especially such a prize on a slot machine.
- An unusually large success in an enterprise, either unexpected or unpredictable, esp. one providing a great financial benefit.
- Any outstanding award
- The cumulative amount involved in a game (such as poker)
Attested as jack-pot (“big prize”), 1944; from sense "slot machine" (1932), from obsolete poker sense (1881) "antes that begin when no player has a pair of jacks or better"; from jack (“playing card”) + pot.
- A money prize pool which accumulates until the conditions are met for it to be won.
- A large cash prize or money.
- An unexpected windfall or reward.
Unknown. Criminal slang usage as "trouble, especially an arrest" attested 1902.
- (Western US) A difficult situation.
- A jumble of felled timber.
jackpot was also found in the following language(s): French, Hungarian, Norwegian BokmÃ¥l, and Norwegian Nynorsk
Notable Persons Named Jackpot
Notable Persons With the Last Name Jackpot
Fun Facts about the name Jackpot
- How unique is the name Jackpot? Out of 5,838,786 records in the U.S. Social Security Administration public data, the first name Jackpot was not present. It is possible the name you are searching has less than five occurrences per year.
- Weird things about the name Jackpot: Your name in reverse order is Topkcaj. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Jotpcka. How do you pronounce that?
What Jackpot's Have Visited This Page?
Past life for Jackpot born Mar 6, 1928
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a female in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern New Zealand approximately on 425. Your profession was banker, usurer, moneylender, and judge.
Your psychological profile shows you had a natural talent of psychologist and knew how to use the opportunities. Cold-blooded and calm in any situation. Your problem - to learn to love and to trust the Universe. You are bound to think, study, reflect and develop inner wisdom.
Name poster for Jackpot
(click to save the high quality version)
U.S. Census Bureau: Frequently Occurring Surnames from the Census 2000 (public domain).
1913 Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary via the Collaborative International Dictionary of English (License)
Other Dictionary Sources: WordNet 3.1 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University (License).
Wiktionary: Titles and License.
Notable persons via Wikipedia: Titles and License. Click each image for the attribution information.