Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Jamar
How popular is the baby name Jamar in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Jamar
- How many people with the first name Jamar have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 14,750 babies born with the first name Jamar in the United States. That's more than enough people named Jamar to occupy the territory of Wallis and Futuna (France) with an estimated population of 13,000 (as of July 1, 2012).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Jamar? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1967 when it was given as a first name to 5 new born babies.
- When was Jamar first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Jamar is Monday, September 26th, 1892.
- What year had the most people named Jamar born? The highest recorded use of the first name Jamar was in 1989 with a total of 595 babies.
- Random Jamar Factoid: According to the 1989 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Jamar ranks 98th in popularity as a baby boy's name in Delaware. Imagine that, 9 babies in Delaware have the same name as you in 1989.
- Weird things about the name Jamar: Your name in reverse order is Ramaj. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Jaram. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Jamar? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 656 people with the last name Jamar.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Jamar? Chances are, most people haven't met someone with Jamar as their last name since less than 1 person in 455k people have that last name. If you know one, consider yourself lucky!
Where is the name Jamar popular?
Popularity of Jamar as a first name
|█||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander||1.52%||4.85%|
|█||American Indian and Alaska Native||0.00%||0.69%|
|█||Two or More Ethnicities||0.00%||1.76%|
|█||Hispanic or Latino||3.51%||16.26%|
Of Last Name Jamar
People with the last name Jamar are most frequently White or African American
Entire United States
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Jamar" mean? The list below shows the origins of Jamar as well as things modernly associated with the name Jamar such as celebrities named Jamar.
Origin and Meaning of Jamar
The name "Jamar" is of Arabic origin, and it means "Sparks". It's a name commonly given to boys.
Other Inspirations for the Name Jamar
Jamar Wilson Hudl
What does the name Jamar mean?
Jis for jubilant, the upbeat you!
Ais for artistic, adding beauty to the world
Mis for munificent, for you are extremely liberal in giving.
Ais for appreciative, of all you have
Ris for refreshing, the sparkling you.