Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Karan
How popular is the baby name Karan in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Karan
- How many people with the first name Karan have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 4,813 babies born with the first name Karan in the United States. That's more than enough people named Karan to occupy the territory of Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha (United Kingdom) with an estimated population of 4,000 (as of July 1, 2012).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Karan? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1936 when it was given as a first name to 12 new born babies.
- When was Karan first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Karan is Thursday, September 30th, 1880.
- What year had the most people named Karan born? The highest recorded use of the first name Karan was in 1956 with a total of 170 babies.
- Random Karan Factoid: According to the 1943 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Karan is not a popular baby girl's name in Illinois. Imagine that, only 5 babies in Illinois have the same name as you in 1943.
- Weird things about the name Karan: Your name in reverse order is Narak. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Nkaar. How do you pronounce that?
Where is the name Karan popular?
Popularity of Karan as a first name
Common first names for Karan
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Karan" mean? The list below shows the origins of Karan as well as things modernly associated with the name Karan such as celebrities named Karan.
Origin and Meaning of Karan
The name "Karan" is of Indian (Sanskrit) origin, and it means "Helper, companion". It's a name commonly given to boys.
- A male given name
- A surname.
Karan was born in 1975.
Other Inspirations for the Name Karan
Karan Brar Age
Karan Brar Height
Karan Johar Twitter
Karan Singh Grover
Kis for keepsake, you treasure your memories.
Ais for abundant, your cheer knows no bounds.
Ris for rapport, friends seek you.
Ais for able, for you surely are.
Nis for name, a pleasant one indeed.