Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Kerry
How popular is the baby name Kerry in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Kerry
- How many people with the first name Kerry have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 97,958 babies born with the first name Kerry in the United States. That's more than enough people named Kerry to occupy the territory of Jersey (United Kingdom) with an estimated population of 97,857 (as of March 27, 2011).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Kerry? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1920 when it was given as a first name to 5 new born babies.
- When was Kerry first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Kerry is Tuesday, May 12th, 1874.
- What year had the most people named Kerry born? The highest recorded use of the first name Kerry was in 1971 with a total of 2,207 babies. That's a lot of babies named Kerry!
- Random Kerry Factoid: According to the 1974 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Kerry ranks 72nd in popularity as a baby girl's name in New Hampshire. Imagine that, 15 babies in New Hampshire have the same name as you in 1974.
- Weird things about the name Kerry: Your name in reverse order is Yrrek. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Ykrer. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Kerry? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 2,043 people with the last name Kerry.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Kerry? Chances are, most people haven't met someone with Kerry as their last name since less than 1 person in 145k people have that last name. If you know one, consider yourself lucky!
Where is the name Kerry popular?
Popularity of Kerry as a first name
Common last names for Kerry
|█||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander||0.00%||4.85%|
|█||American Indian and Alaska Native||0.00%||0.69%|
|█||Two or More Ethnicities||2.20%||1.76%|
|█||Hispanic or Latino||1.86%||16.26%|
Of Last Name Kerry
People with the last name Kerry are most frequently White or African American
Entire United States
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Kerry" mean? The list below shows the origins of Kerry as well as things modernly associated with the name Kerry such as celebrities named Kerry.
Origin and Meaning of Kerry
The name "Kerry" is of Irish origin, and it means "From Ciar's People or the county of Kerry". It's a name commonly given to both boys and girls.
- A county in the Republic of Ireland.
- A surnameâ€‹ derived from the place name, or from the Middle English given name Kendrick.
- A male given name transferred from the surname or the place name.
- A female given name, originally of Australian usage, also spelled Keri, Kerri and Kerrie.
- An animal belonging to a rare breed of dairy cattle, native to Ireland.
Kerry Kittles is a basketball biography. Kerry was born in 1974 in Dayton, Ohio.
Kerry Condon is an actress with the most prominent portion of her career being from 1999 to present. Kerry was born in 1983 in Thurles, County Tipperary, Ireland.
Other Inspirations for the Name Kerry
Notable Persons With the Last Name Kerry
Alexandra Kerry is a filmmaker. Alexandra was born in 1973 as Alexandra Forbes Kerry in Concord, Massachusetts.
What does the name Kerry mean?
Kis for kid, the child within.
Eis for eager, let's get started!
Ris for rock star, let it out!
Ris for radiant, it's your personality!
Yis for yearn, your innermost desires.