Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Kia
How popular is the baby name Kia in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Kia
- How many people with the first name Kia have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 7,637 babies born with the first name Kia in the United States. That's more than enough people named Kia to occupy the territory of Saint Pierre and Miquelon (France) with an estimated population of 6,000 (as of July 1, 2012).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Kia? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1956 when it was given as a first name to 5 new born babies.
- When was Kia first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Kia is Thursday, March 3rd, 1887.
- What year had the most people named Kia born? The highest recorded use of the first name Kia was in 1993 with a total of 344 babies.
- Random Kia Factoid: According to the 1977 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Kia ranks 100th in popularity as a baby girl's name in District of Columbia. Imagine that, 17 babies in District of Columbia have the same name as you in 1977.
- Weird things about the name Kia: Your name in reverse order is Aik. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Aik. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Kia? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 370 people with the last name Kia.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Kia? Chances are, most people haven't met someone with Kia as their last name since less than 1 person in 769k people have that last name. If you know one, consider yourself lucky!
Where is the name Kia popular?
Popularity of Kia as a first name
Common last names for Kia
|█||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander||19.46%||4.85%|
|█||American Indian and Alaska Native||0.00%||0.69%|
|█||Two or More Ethnicities||18.65%||1.76%|
|█||Hispanic or Latino||3.78%||16.26%|
Of Last Name Kia
People with the last name Kia are most frequently White, Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander, or Two or More Ethnicities
Entire United States
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Kia" mean? The list below shows the origins of Kia as well as things modernly associated with the name Kia such as celebrities named Kia.
Origin and Meaning of Kia
The name "Kia" is of African origin, and it means "Hill". It's a name commonly given to girls.
Kia was also found in the following language(s): Swedish
Other Inspirations for the Name Kia
Kia Of Waldorf
What does the name Kia mean?
Kis for keepsake, you treasure your memories.
Iis for impressive, your list of qualities.
Ais for adaptable, for the world is full of unique challenges