Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Maija
How popular is the baby name Maija in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Maija
- How many people with the first name Maija have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 1,071 babies born with the first name Maija in the United States. That's more than enough people named Maija to occupy the territory of Niue (New Zealand) with an estimated population of 1,000 (as of July 1, 2012).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Maija? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1952 when it was given as a first name to 6 new born babies.
- When was Maija first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Maija is Monday, December 3rd, 1883.
- What year had the most people named Maija born? The highest recorded use of the first name Maija was in 1999 with a total of 59 babies.
- Random Maija Factoid: According to the 1993 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Maija is not a popular baby girl's name in Minnesota. Imagine that, only 7 babies in Minnesota have the same name as you in 1993.
- Weird things about the name Maija: Your name in reverse order is Ajiam. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Mjaia. How do you pronounce that?
Where is the name Maija popular?
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Maija" mean? The list below shows the origins of Maija as well as things modernly associated with the name Maija such as celebrities named Maija.
Origin and Meaning of Maija
The name "Maija" is of Scandinavian origin, and it means "Of the Sea or Bitter". It's a name commonly given to girls.
Other Inspirations for the Name Maija
What does the name Maija mean?
Mis for musical, your hidden talent!
Ais for advantage, for you are blessed with many.
Iis for intense, your zest of living.
Jis for joy, that you always bring.
Ais for affectionate, to those that matter most to you
Past life for Maija born Apr 11, 1926
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a male in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Ireland approximately on 425. Your profession was seaman, cook, and carpenter.
Psychologically, you had a Bohemian personality - mysterious, highly gifted, capable of understanding ancient books. Magical abilities, could be a servant of dark forces. Your problem - to learn to love and to trust the Universe. You are bound to think, study, reflect and develop inner wisdom.