in the U.S.
in the U.S.
We noticed you have a microphone. If you know how to pronounce Manita, just click the button to record. We'll save it, review it, and post it to help others.
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Manita" mean? The list below shows things modernly associated with the name Manita such as celebrities named Manita.
Origin and Meaning of Manita
Thanks! We will review your submission shortly!
Borrowing from Spanish manita (“little hand”), feminine-form diminutive of mano (“hand”), because the small red flowers of the tree resemble five-fingered human hands.
one of the hand-like flowers of the manita tree
- (rare) The tree Chiranthodendron pentadactylon, or the red, hand-like flower this tree produces.
manita was also found in the following language(s): Cebuano, Spanish, and Turkish
Where is the name Manita popular?
Popularity of Manita as a last name
The map shows the absolute popularity of the name Manita as a last name in each of the states.
See other popular names in Massachusetts, Connecticut, or Georgia.
Fun Facts about the name Manita
- How Popular is the name Manita? Manita is the 86,165th most popular name of all time.
- How many people with the first name Manita have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 5 babies born with the first name Manita in the United States.
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Manita? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1989 when it was given as a first name to 5 new born babies.
- When was Manita first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Manita is Wednesday, August 17th, 1892.
- What year had the most people named Manita born? The highest recorded use of the first name Manita was in 1989 with a total of 5 babies.
- Weird things about the name Manita: Your name in reverse order is Atinam. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Maitan. How do you pronounce that?
What Manita's Have Visited This Page?
What does the name Manita mean?
Mis for mighty, your inner strength.
Ais for aware, of your surroundings
Nis for narrator, tell many stories
Iis for inclusive, never leaving others out
Tis for tried, tried and true you.
Ais for athleticism, embrace the competitor within
Past life for Manita born Sep 5, 1941
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a male in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Ireland approximately on 1475. Your profession was artist, magician, and fortune teller.
Psychologically, you had a Bohemian personality - mysterious, highly gifted, capable of understanding ancient books. Magical abilities, could be a servant of dark forces. Your problem - to learn to love and to trust the Universe. You are bound to think, study, reflect and develop inner wisdom.
Name poster for Manita
(click to save the high quality version)
U.S. Census Bureau: Frequently Occurring Surnames from the Census 2000 (public domain).
U.S. Social Security Administration: Popular Baby Names, Death Master File (public domain).
Wiktionary: Titles and License.