Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Marisa
How popular is the baby name Marisa in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Marisa
- How many people with the first name Marisa have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 48,188 babies born with the first name Marisa in the United States. That's more than enough people named Marisa to occupy the territory of Turks and Caicos Islands (United Kingdom) with an estimated population of 44,493 (as of July 1, 2012).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Marisa? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1934 when it was given as a first name to 5 new born babies.
- When was Marisa first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Marisa is Sunday, March 29th, 1891.
- What year had the most people named Marisa born? The highest recorded use of the first name Marisa was in 1995 with a total of 2,198 babies. That's a lot of babies named Marisa!
- Random Marisa Factoid: According to the 2003 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Marisa ranks 84th in popularity as a baby girl's name in New Mexico. Imagine that, 27 babies in New Mexico have the same name as you in 2003.
- Weird things about the name Marisa: Your name in reverse order is Asiram. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Asirma. How do you pronounce that?
Where is the name Marisa popular?
Popularity of Marisa as a first name
Common last names for Marisa
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Marisa" mean? The list below shows the origins of Marisa as well as things modernly associated with the name Marisa such as celebrities named Marisa.
Origin and Meaning of Marisa
The name "Marisa" is of Italian origin, and it means "Of the Sea or Bitter". It's a name commonly given to girls.
- A female given name, variant of Marissa.
Marisa Coughlan is an actress with the most prominent portion of her career being from 1995 to present. Marisa was born in 1973 as Marisa Christine Coughlan in Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.
Other Inspirations for the Name Marisa
What does the name Marisa mean?
Mis for mirth, your laughter.
Ais for appreciative, of all you have
Ris for resourceful, in any challenge that comes your way
Iis for intellect, your high capacity for knowledge
Sis for select, as few are chosen.
Ais for activities, for you have many.