Etymology: NL., fr. Ar. mauz mauza, banana
Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Musa
How popular is the baby name Musa in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Musa
- How many people with the first name Musa have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 2,373 babies born with the first name Musa in the United States. That's more than enough people named Musa to occupy the territory of Norfolk Island (Australia) with an estimated population of 2,302 (as of August 9, 2011).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Musa? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1891 when it was given as a first name to 5 new born babies.
- When was Musa first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Musa is Monday, December 23rd, 1872.
- What year had the most people named Musa born? The highest recorded use of the first name Musa was in 2015 with a total of 227 babies.
- Random Musa Factoid: According to the 2014 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Musa is not a popular baby boy's name in Pennsylvania. Imagine that, only 15 babies in Pennsylvania have the same name as you in 2014.
- Weird things about the name Musa: Your name in reverse order is Asum. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Uams. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Musa? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 3,736 people with the last name Musa.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Musa? If you manage to meet 100,000 people in your life, chances are that 1 of them will have Musa as their last name.
Where is the name Musa popular?
Popularity of Musa as a first name
|█||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander||5.89%||4.85%|
|█||American Indian and Alaska Native||0.19%||0.69%|
|█||Two or More Ethnicities||4.44%||1.76%|
|█||Hispanic or Latino||7.63%||16.26%|
Of Last Name Musa
People with the last name Musa are most frequently White or African American
Entire United States
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Musa" mean? The list below shows the origins of Musa as well as things modernly associated with the name Musa such as celebrities named Musa.
Origin and Meaning of Musa
The name "Musa" is of Arabic origin, and it means "Arabic form of Moses". It's a name commonly given to boys.
- Type genus of the Musaceae: bananas
Transliteration of Arabic Ù…ÙÙˆØ³ÙŽÙ‰ (mÅ«sÄ) and Persian Ù…ÙˆØ³ÛŒ (MusÃ¢); ultimately from Biblical Hebrew.
- English usage may also be translingual use of the corresponding Turkish Musa.
- A male given name.
Musa was also found in the following language(s): Translingual, Japanese, Latin, and Turkish
Other Inspirations for the Name Musa
Musa Braids And Weaves
Musa Martial Arts
What does the name Musa mean?
Mis for musical, your hidden talent!
Uis for upstanding, your inner-self.
Sis for self respect, a solid score here.
Ais for activities, for you have many.