Etymology: OE. mi, fr. min. See Mine, and cf., for loss of nA (a.) An (a.)
Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of My
How popular is the baby name My in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name My
- How many people with the first name My have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 1,274 babies born with the first name My in the United States. That's more than enough people named My to occupy the territory of Niue (New Zealand) with an estimated population of 1,000 (as of July 1, 2012).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named My? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1971 when it was given as a first name to 7 new born babies.
- When was My first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name My is Saturday, May 2nd, 1891.
- What year had the most people named My born? The highest recorded use of the first name My was in 1982 with a total of 91 babies.
- Random My Factoid: According to the 1986 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name My is not a popular baby girl's name in California. Imagine that, only 16 babies in California have the same name as you in 1986.
- Weird things about the name My: Your name in reverse order is Ym. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Ym. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name My? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 304 people with the last name My.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of My? Chances are, most people haven't met someone with My as their last name since less than 1 person in 1.0m people have that last name. If you know one, consider yourself lucky!
Where is the name My popular?
Popularity of My as a first name
Common last names for My
|█||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander||82.89%||4.85%|
|█||American Indian and Alaska Native||0.00%||0.69%|
|█||Two or More Ethnicities||2.30%||1.76%|
|█||Hispanic or Latino||2.30%||16.26%|
Of Last Name My
People with the last name My are most frequently Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander
Entire United States
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "My" mean? The list below shows the origins of My as well as things modernly associated with the name My such as celebrities named My.
Origin and Meaning of My
The name "My" is of Scandinavian origin, and it means "Form of Mary". It's a name commonly given to girls.
My was also found in the following language(s): German and Swedish
My was born in 1986.
Other Inspirations for the Name My
My Eye Dr
My Fitness Pal
My Little Pony
What does the name My mean?
Mis for mystery, the part of you that cannot be explained.
Yis for youthful, your eternal look.