Etymology: Cf. Knur
Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Nur
Fun Facts about the name Nur
- How many people with the first name Nur have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 444 babies born with the first name Nur in the United States. That's more than enough people named Nur to occupy the territory of Pitcairn Islands (United Kingdom) with an estimated population of 66 (as of July 1, 2008).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Nur? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1981 when it was given as a first name to 5 new born babies.
- When was Nur first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Nur is Tuesday, June 28th, 1887.
- What year had the most people named Nur born? The highest recorded use of the first name Nur was in 1996 with a total of 18 babies.
- Random Nur Factoid: According to the 2001 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Nur is not a popular baby girl's name in Illinois. Imagine that, only 5 babies in Illinois have the same name as you in 2001.
- Weird things about the name Nur: Your name in reverse order is Run. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Nru. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Nur? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 1,835 people with the last name Nur.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Nur? Chances are, most people haven't met someone with Nur as their last name since less than 1 person in 161k people have that last name. If you know one, consider yourself lucky!
Where is the name Nur popular?
Popularity of Nur as a first name
The map shows the absolute popularity of the name Nur as a first name in each of the states. See other popular names in Illinois.
|█||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander||7.08%||4.85%|
|█||American Indian and Alaska Native||0.33%||0.69%|
|█||Two or More Ethnicities||2.34%||1.76%|
|█||Hispanic or Latino||1.25%||16.26%|
Of Last Name Nur
People with the last name Nur are most frequently African American
Entire United States
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Nur" mean? The list below shows the origins of Nur as well as things modernly associated with the name Nur such as celebrities named Nur.
Origin and Meaning of Nur
The name "Nur" is of Arabic origin, and it means "Light". It's a name commonly given to boys.
Other Inspirations for the Name Nur
What does the name Nur mean?
Nis for novel, don't get too complicated!
Uis for upstanding, your inner-self.
Ris for reassuring, eliminating doubts!
Past life for Nur born Jun 30, 1943
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a male in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of USA North-Central approximately on 825. Your profession was leader, major, and captain.
You had an artistic personality, always transforming ugly into beauty, gray into bright colors. You would find an opportunity of creative self-expression in any situation. Your main lesson in present - to develop magnanimity and feeling of brotherhood. Try to become less adhered to material property and learn to have only as many, as you may give back.