Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Nysa
Fun Facts about the name Nysa
- How many people with the first name Nysa have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 207 babies born with the first name Nysa in the United States. That's more than enough people named Nysa to occupy the territory of Pitcairn Islands (United Kingdom) with an estimated population of 66 (as of July 1, 2008).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Nysa? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1998 when it was given as a first name to 9 new born babies.
- When was Nysa first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Nysa is Sunday, October 9th, 1904.
- What year had the most people named Nysa born? The highest recorded use of the first name Nysa was in 2015 with a total of 23 babies.
- Random Nysa Factoid: According to the 2010 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Nysa is not a popular baby girl's name in New Jersey. Imagine that, only 5 babies in New Jersey have the same name as you in 2010.
- Weird things about the name Nysa: Your name in reverse order is Asyn. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Syna. How do you pronounce that?
Where is the name Nysa popular?
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Nysa" mean? The list below shows the origins of Nysa as well as things modernly associated with the name Nysa such as celebrities named Nysa.
Origin and Meaning of Nysa
The name "Nysa" is of Greek origin, and it means "Lame". It's a name commonly given to girls.
- A female given name
- a city in Poland
- a river in Poland
- (mythology) A mythical land in Greek Mythology.
- (astronomy) Short for 44 Nysa, a main belt asteroid.
Other Inspirations for the Name Nysa
What does the name Nysa mean?
Nis for notable, distinguished are your feats
Yis for yippee, and the things that inspire you to yell it
Sis for serene, your calm time.
Ais for affectionate, to those that matter most to you
Past life for Nysa born Sep 15, 1929
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a female in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Central India approximately on 1300. Your profession was preacher, publisher, and scribbler of ancient inscriptions.
Psychologically, you were timid, constrained, and quiet. You had creative talents, waited until that life to be liberated. Sometimes environment considered you strange. Your main task - to make the world more beautiful. Physical and spiritual deserts are just waiting for your touch. Keep smiling!