Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Nyx
Fun Facts about the name Nyx
- How many people with the first name Nyx have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 75 babies born with the first name Nyx in the United States. That's more than enough people named Nyx to occupy the territory of Pitcairn Islands (United Kingdom) with an estimated population of 66 (as of July 1, 2008).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Nyx? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 2008 when it was given as a first name to 5 new born babies.
- When was Nyx first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Nyx is Thursday, June 8th, 1950.
- What year had the most people named Nyx born? The highest recorded use of the first name Nyx was in 2013 with a total of 20 babies.
- Random Nyx Factoid: According to the 2013 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Nyx is not a popular baby girl's name in Texas. Imagine that, only 5 babies in Texas have the same name as you in 2013.
- Weird things about the name Nyx: Your name in reverse order is Xyn. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Nyx. How do you pronounce that?
Where is the name Nyx popular?
Popularity of Nyx as a first name
The map shows the absolute popularity of the name Nyx as a first name in each of the states. See other popular names in Texas.
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Nyx" mean? The list below shows the origins of Nyx as well as things modernly associated with the name Nyx such as celebrities named Nyx.
Origin and Meaning of Nyx
The name "Nyx" is of Greek origin, and it means "Night". It's a name commonly given to girls.
- (Greek mythology) Greek goddess of the night; daughter of Chaos; counterpart of Roman Nox
From Ancient Greek ÎÏÎ¾ (NÃºx).
- (Greek mythology) The primordial goddess of night.
Nyx was also found in the following language(s): Portuguese
Other Inspirations for the Name Nyx
Nyx Butter Gloss
Nyx Contour Kit
Nyx Face Awards
Nyx Liquid Suede
Nyx Liquid Suede Lipstick
Nyx Micro Brow Pencil
Nyx Wonder Stick
What does the name Nyx mean?
Nis for nurturing, the care you provide to all
Yis for yippee, and the things that inspire you to yell it
Xis for Xanadu, your place of paradise.
Past life for Nyx born Dec 9, 1981
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a female in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Yukon approximately on 875. Your profession was philosopher and thinker.
Psychologically, you were timid, constrained, and quiet. You had creative talents, waited until that life to be liberated. Sometimes environment considered you strange. It always seemed to you, that your perceptions of the world are somewhat different. Your lesson - to trust your intuition as your best guide in present life.