Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Ogden
How popular is the baby name Ogden in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Ogden
- How many people with the first name Ogden have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 688 babies born with the first name Ogden in the United States. That's more than enough people named Ogden to occupy the territory of Cocos (Keeling) Islands (Australia) with an estimated population of 605 (as of June 30, 2010).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Ogden? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1892 when it was given as a first name to 5 new born babies.
- When was Ogden first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Ogden is Friday, June 14th, 1867.
- What year had the most people named Ogden born? The highest recorded use of the first name Ogden was in 1917 with a total of 25 babies.
- Random Ogden Factoid: According to the 1925 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Ogden is not a popular baby boy's name in New Jersey. Imagine that, only 6 babies in New Jersey have the same name as you in 1925.
- Weird things about the name Ogden: Your name in reverse order is Nedgo. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Endgo. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Ogden? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 18,860 people with the last name Ogden.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Ogden? If you manage to meet 100,000 people in your life, chances are that 6 of them will have Ogden as their last name.
Where is the name Ogden popular?
Popularity of Ogden as a first name
Common last names for Ogden
|█||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander||0.54%||4.85%|
|█||American Indian and Alaska Native||0.74%||0.69%|
|█||Two or More Ethnicities||1.62%||1.76%|
|█||Hispanic or Latino||2.78%||16.26%|
Of Last Name Ogden
People with the last name Ogden are most frequently White
Entire United States
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Ogden" mean? The list below shows the origins of Ogden as well as things modernly associated with the name Ogden such as celebrities named Ogden.
Origin and Meaning of Ogden
The name "Ogden" is of English origin, and it means "From the oak valley". It's a name commonly given to boys.
- A town in northern Utah settled by Mormons
- English psychologist who collaborated with I. A. Richards in designing Basic English (1889-1957)
Places in England, from Old English Äc (â€œoakâ€) + denu (â€œvalleyâ€).
- A habitational surnameâ€‹.
- A male given name occasionally transferred from the surname.
- A town in Arkansas
- A ghost town in British Columbia, Canada
- A hamlet in West Yorkshire, England
- A village in Illinois
- A city in Iowa
- A city in Kansas
- A town in New York
- A census-designated place in North Carolina
- A community in Nova Scotia, Canada
- A municipality in Quebec, Canada
- A city in Utah
Other Inspirations for the Name Ogden
Ogden Utah Weather
Notable Persons With the Last Name Ogden
Diane Ogden is a television survivor. Diane was born in 1959.
What does the name Ogden mean?
Ois for optimistic, look at the bright side!
Gis for gem, the jewel you are.
Dis for dream, your beacon ahead.
Eis for eager, let's get started!
Nis for name, a pleasant one indeed.