in the U.S.
in the U.S.
We noticed you have a microphone. If you know how to pronounce Oso, just click the button to record. We'll save it, review it, and post it to help others.
Meanings and Origins
What does the name Oso mean? Find out below.
Origin and Meaning of Oso
Thanks! We will review your submission shortly!
From Spanish oso (“bear”)
- A census-designated place in Washington
- (historical) A supporter of the Bear Flag revolt in California.
Notable Persons Named Oso
Oso Kuka was an a border guard and commander. His career lasted from 1862 to 1862. Oso was born in 1820 in Shkodër. Oso is also known as Osman Kuka. He passed away in 1862.
||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander
||American Indian and Alaska Native
||Two or More Ethnicities
||Hispanic or Latino
Of Last Name Oso
People with the last name Oso are most frequently African American, American Indian and Alaska Native, or Hispanic or Latino
Fun Facts about the name Oso
- How Popular is the name Oso? As a last name Oso was the 101,737th most popular name in 2010.
- When was the first name Oso first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the name Oso is Saturday, December 12th, 1891.
- How unique is the name Oso? From 1880 to 2016 less than 5 people per year have been born with the first name Oso. Hoorah! You are a unique individual.
- Weird things about the name Oso: Your name in reverse order is Oso. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Oso. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Oso? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 177 people with the last name Oso.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Oso? Oso is one of the most unique last names recorded.
What Oso's Have Visited This Page?
Past life for Oso born Nov 4, 1981
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a male in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern India approximately on 775. Your profession was writer, dramatist, and organizer of rituals.
You had a mind of a scientist, always seeking new explanations. Environment often misunderstood you. Had a respectable knowledge. Your lesson - to study, to practice and to use wisdom, enclosed in psychological sciences, and in ancient manuscripts. With strong faith and hard work you will reach your real destiny in present life.
Name poster for Oso
(click to save the high quality version)
U.S. Census Bureau: Frequently Occurring Surnames from the Census 2000 (public domain).
Wiktionary: Titles and License.
Notable persons via Wikipedia: Titles and License. Click each image for the attribution information.