in the U.S.
in the U.S.
We noticed you have a microphone. If you know how to pronounce Pono, just click the button to record. We'll save it, review it, and post it to help others.
Meanings and Origins
What does the name Pono mean? Find out below.
Origin and Meaning of Pono
Thanks! We will review your submission shortly!
P is for pastimes, for you have many.
O is for orderly, a lifelong passion.
N is for narrator, tell many stories
O is for optimistic, look at the bright side!
Where is the name Pono popular?
Popularity of Pono as a last name
The map shows the absolute popularity of the name Pono as a last name in each of the states.
See other popular names in Rhode Island, New York, or Connecticut.
Fun Facts about the name Pono
- How Popular is the name Pono? Pono is the 57,430th most popular name of all time.
- How many people with the first name Pono have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2016, the Social Security Administration has recorded 25 babies born with the first name Pono in the United States.
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Pono? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1996 when it was given as a first name to 5 new born babies.
- When was Pono first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Pono is Tuesday, May 16th, 1905.
- What year had the most people named Pono born? The highest recorded use of the first name Pono was in 2007 with a total of 8 babies.
- Random Pono Factoid: According to the 1996 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Pono is not a popular baby boy's name in Hawaii. Imagine that, only 5 babies in Hawaii have the same name as you in 1996.
- Weird things about the name Pono: Your name in reverse order is Onop. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Onop. How do you pronounce that?
What Pono's Have Visited This Page?
Past life for Pono born Jul 20, 1972
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a female in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Central India approximately on 1800. Your profession was map maker, astrologer, and astronomer.
Psychologically, you were timid, constrained, and quiet. You had creative talents, waited until that life to be liberated. Sometimes environment considered you strange. Your main task - to make the world more beautiful. Physical and spiritual deserts are just waiting for your touch. Keep smiling!
Name poster for Pono
(click to save the high quality version)
U.S. Census Bureau: Frequently Occurring Surnames from the Census 2000 (public domain).
U.S. Social Security Administration: Popular Baby Names, Death Master File (public domain).