Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Pooja
How popular is the baby name Pooja in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Pooja
- How many people with the first name Pooja have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 1,962 babies born with the first name Pooja in the United States. That's more than enough people named Pooja to occupy the territory of Christmas Island (Australia) with an estimated population of 1,462 (as of June 30, 2010).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Pooja? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1976 when it was given as a first name to 8 new born babies.
- When was Pooja first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Pooja is Friday, January 1st, 1960.
- What year had the most people named Pooja born? The highest recorded use of the first name Pooja was in 1997 with a total of 117 babies.
- Random Pooja Factoid: According to the 2002 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Pooja is not a popular baby girl's name in New York. Imagine that, only 5 babies in New York have the same name as you in 2002.
- Weird things about the name Pooja: Your name in reverse order is Ajoop. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Aoopj. How do you pronounce that?
Where is the name Pooja popular?
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Pooja" mean? The list below shows the origins of Pooja as well as things modernly associated with the name Pooja such as celebrities named Pooja.
Origin and Meaning of Pooja
The name "Pooja" is of Indian (Sanskrit) origin, and it means "Prayer". It's a name commonly given to girls.
From Sanskrit पूजा (pūjā, “worship”).
- A form of worship in south Asia; a religious ceremony.
Other Inspirations for the Name Pooja
What does the name Pooja mean?
Pis for passion, your fire!
Ois for outgoing, so sociable are you
Ois for organized, you always know where things are
Jis for joy, that you always bring.
Ais for angelic, a truly pure heart
Past life for Pooja born Oct 25, 1933
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a female in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Mexico approximately on 725. Your profession was builder of houses, temples, and cathedrals.
You had a mind of a scientist, always seeking new explanations. Environment often misunderstood you. Had a respectable knowledge. Magic is everywhere around you, in most usual, most ordinary incidents. Your lesson - to learn magic and to help people to see it clearly. You are a magician!