Pronunciation of Prospect
We noticed you have a microphone. If you know how to pronounce Prospect, just click the button to record. We'll save it, review it, and post it to help others.
How popular is the baby name Prospect in the U.S.?
Out of 5,743,017 records in the U.S. Social Security Administration public data, the name "Prospect"
was not present. It is possible the name you are searching has less than five occurrences per year.
You might want to use a short version of your first name or perhaps your nickname.
On the other hand, you simply have a name that no one else in America is using. For 136 years only your
parents have thought of using your name. Hoorah! You are a unique individual.
Answer a few simple questions to help us improve the information we display about names on the site.
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Prospect" mean? The list below shows the origins of Prospect as well as things modernly associated with the name Prospect such as celebrities named Prospect.
Webster's Unabridged Dictionary
- That which is embraced by eye in vision; the region which the eye overlooks at one time; view; scene; outlook."His eye discovers unaware
The goodly prospect of some foreign land." [Milton.]
- Especially, a picturesque or widely extended view; a landscape; hence, a sketch of a landscape."I went to Putney . . . to take prospects in crayon." [Evelyn.]
- A position affording a fine view; a lookout.(R)"Him God beholding from his prospect high." [Milton.]
- Relative position of the front of a building or other structure; face; relative aspect."And their prospect was toward the south." [Ezek. xl. 44.]
- The act of looking forward; foresight; anticipation; as, a prospect of the future state."Is he a prudent man as to his temporal estate, that lays designs only for a day, without any prospect to, or provision for, the remaining part of life ?" [Tillotson.]
- That which is hoped for; ground for hope or expectation; expectation; probable result; as, the prospect of success."To brighter prospectsborn." [Cowper.]"These swell their prospectsd exalt their pride,
When offers are disdain'd, and love deny'd." [Pope.]
Etymology: L. prospectus, fr. prospicere
prospectum, to look forward; pro before, forward + specere
spicere, look, to see: cf. OF. prospect. See Spy
(v.), and cf. Prospectus
To look over; to explore or examine for something; as, to prospect a district for gold.
To make a search; to seek; to explore, as for mines or the like; as, to prospect for gold.
- A prediction of the course of a disease
- The visual percept of a region
- Belief about (or mental picture of) the future
- Someone who is considered for something (for an office or prize or honor etc.)
- The possibility of future success ("his prospects as a writer are excellent")
- Explore for useful or valuable things or substances, such as minerals
- Search for something desirable ("prospect a job")
P is for perfection, it's what you seek.
R is for rapport, friends seek you.
O is for outlook, pleasing to all.
S is for self respect, a solid score here.
P is for please, the way you always do.
E is for electric, a sparkling trait!
C is for compassion, your finest side.
T is for tender, loving nature.
Your name in reverse order is "Tcepsorp". A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram)
will give "Srtoppec". How do you pronounce that?
Now try the names of everyone you know including friends, cousins, neighbors, classmates, co-workers or your pets.
Even your favorite anime, TV or movie characters! See what their names mean. Remember, this is purely just for fun.
Past life for Prospect born Feb 3, 1978
What would you ask a Psychic? Get 3 FREE minutes with the most qualified advisors
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a female in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Arctic approximately on 750. Your profession was entertainer, musician, poet, and temple-dancer.
You were sane, practical person, materialist with no spiritual consciousness. Your simple wisdom helped the weak and the poor. You should develop your talent for love, happiness and enthusiasm and to distribute these feelings to all people.
Name poster for Prospect
(click to save the high quality version)
Most Popular Names
Also see our other name lists