- Your Searches:
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
We noticed you have a microphone. If you know how to pronounce Raphe, just click the button to record. We'll save it, review it, and post it to help others.
Meanings and Origins
What does the name Raphe mean? Find out below.
Origin and Meaning of Raphe
Thanks! We will review your submission shortly!
Webster's Unabridged Dictionary
- [Anat] A line, ridge, furrow, or band of fibers, especially in the median line; as, the raphe of the tongue.
- [Bot] Same as Rhaphe.
Etymology: NL., fr. Gr. "rafh` a seam or suture, fr. "ra`ptein to sew or stitch together
- A ridge that forms a seam between two parts
From Late Latin, from Ancient Greek ῥαφή (rhaphḗ, “seam”).
- (anatomy, botany) A ridge or seam on an organ, bodily tissue, or other structure, especially at the join between two halves or sections.
Notable Persons Named Raphe
Raphe Malik was a noteworthy human. Raphe was born on November 1st, 1948. He died on March 8th, 2006.
Fun Facts about the name Raphe
- When was the first name Raphe first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the name Raphe is Sunday, December 18th, 1887.
- How unique is the name Raphe? From 1880 to 2016 less than 5 people per year have been born with the first name Raphe. Hoorah! You are a unique individual.
- Weird things about the name Raphe: Your name in reverse order is Ehpar. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Phrea. How do you pronounce that?
What Raphe's Have Visited This Page?
Past life for Raphe born Jan 30, 2004
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were a male in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern Japan approximately on 1075. Your profession was monk, bee-keeper, and lone gunman.
You were always involved with all new things. You have always loved changes, especially in art, music, cooking. Your lesson - to learn discretion and reason and then teach others to do that. Your life will be happier, when you help those who lack reasoning.
Name poster for Raphe
(click to save the high quality version)
U.S. Census Bureau: Frequently Occurring Surnames from the Census 2000 (public domain).
1913 Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary via the Collaborative International Dictionary of English (License)
Other Dictionary Sources: WordNet 3.1 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University (License).
Wiktionary: Titles and License.
Notable persons via Wikipedia: Titles and License. Click each image for the attribution information.