Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Remington
How popular is the baby name Remington in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Remington
- How many people with the first name Remington have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 12,153 babies born with the first name Remington in the United States. That's more than enough people named Remington to occupy the country of Tuvalu with an estimated population of 10,000 (as of July 1, 2012).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Remington? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1955 when it was given as a first name to 5 new born babies.
- When was Remington first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Remington is Tuesday, June 5th, 1877.
- What year had the most people named Remington born? The highest recorded use of the first name Remington was in 2015 with a total of 1,195 babies. That's a lot of babies named Remington!
- Random Remington Factoid: According to the 2015 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Remington ranks 92nd in popularity as a baby boy's name in West Virginia. Imagine that, 28 babies in West Virginia have the same name as you in 2015.
- Weird things about the name Remington: Your name in reverse order is Notgnimer. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Tgoremnni. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Remington? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 5,881 people with the last name Remington.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Remington? If you manage to meet 100,000 people in your life, chances are that 2 of them will have Remington as their last name.
Where is the name Remington popular?
Popularity of Remington as a first name
|█||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander||0.95%||4.85%|
|█||American Indian and Alaska Native||0.63%||0.69%|
|█||Two or More Ethnicities||1.79%||1.76%|
|█||Hispanic or Latino||2.21%||16.26%|
Of Last Name Remington
People with the last name Remington are most frequently White
Entire United States
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Remington" mean? The list below shows the origins of Remington as well as things modernly associated with the name Remington such as celebrities named Remington.
Origin and Meaning of Remington
The name "Remington" is of English origin, and it means "From the ridge town". It's a name commonly given to boys.
A habitational surname from the Lancashire village of Rimington, Old English "settlement by the Riming ("boundary") stream".
- A surnameâ€‹.
- A male given name of modern usage, transferred from the surname.
- A town in Indiana
- A hamlet and census-designated place in Ohio
- A town in Virginia
- A town in Wisconsin
- A gun produced by the American manufacturer Remington Arms.
Other Inspirations for the Name Remington
Remington 870 Express
Remington 870 Tactical
What does the name Remington mean?
Ris for reassuring, eliminating doubts!
Eis for easy going, no ruffles here.
Mis for mighty, your inner strength.
Iis for intellect, your high capacity for knowledge
Nis for normal, step outside of the box!
Gis for glow, the warmth of your smile.
Tis for try, as hard as you can
Ois for ornate, nothing plain here!
Nis for nurturing, to all that need help