Etymology: See Ruffian
Tip: Try the names of friends, pets, celebrities, and fictional characters
in the U.S.
in the U.S.
Pronunciation of Ruffin
How popular is the baby name Ruffin in the U.S.?
|Year||Total Babies Born||Girls Born||Boys Born|
Fun Facts about the name Ruffin
- How many people with the first name Ruffin have been born in the United States? From 1880 to 2015, the Social Security Administration has recorded 555 babies born with the first name Ruffin in the United States. That's more than enough people named Ruffin to occupy the territory of Pitcairn Islands (United Kingdom) with an estimated population of 66 (as of July 1, 2008).
- What year were 5 or more babies first named Ruffin? The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 1886 when it was given as a first name to 6 new born babies.
- When was Ruffin first recorded in the United States? The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Ruffin is Friday, November 3rd, 1871.
- What year had the most people named Ruffin born? The highest recorded use of the first name Ruffin was in 1916 with a total of 19 babies.
- Random Ruffin Factoid: According to the 1918 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the first name Ruffin is not a popular baby boy's name in North Carolina. Imagine that, only 5 babies in North Carolina have the same name as you in 1918.
- Weird things about the name Ruffin: Your name in reverse order is Niffur. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give Uifnfr. How do you pronounce that?
- How many people have the last name Ruffin? In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 16,324 people with the last name Ruffin.
- How likely are you to meet someone with the last name of Ruffin? If you manage to meet 100,000 people in your life, chances are that 6 of them will have Ruffin as their last name.
Where is the name Ruffin popular?
Popularity of Ruffin as a first name
Common last names for Ruffin
|█||Asian, Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander||0.25%||4.85%|
|█||American Indian and Alaska Native||0.15%||0.69%|
|█||Two or More Ethnicities||3.11%||1.76%|
|█||Hispanic or Latino||2.35%||16.26%|
Of Last Name Ruffin
People with the last name Ruffin are most frequently White or African American
Entire United States
Meaning, Origin, Inspirations, and Associations
Have you been wondering what does the name "Ruffin" mean? The list below shows the origins of Ruffin as well as things modernly associated with the name Ruffin such as celebrities named Ruffin.
Other Inspirations for the Name Ruffin
Ruffin And Payne
Ruffin Hall Uva
Ruffin North Carolina
Ruffin V Commonwealth
What does the name Ruffin mean?
Ris for rich, in the love from others
Uis for upstanding, the honorable way to be
Fis for forgiving, of others and your own mistakes
Fis for fair, always honest and true.
Iis for intellect, your high capacity for knowledge
Nis for normal, step outside of the box!